Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I hope you-re right.  I will be upset if Elias sits out the deadline because prices are too high.

He almost has to do something.  Everyone else has.  Price hasn’t been too heavy.   

Just now, Since1984 said:

Elias presser pre game short version: looking for pitching, willing to reach, can take on money, but the factors include the other trade partner.

should have been a court reporter - go Orioles!!

Was this on MASN pregame? Taped today?

@Pickles is failing to recognize the fact that many former players found Baltimore good enough place to live in after their retirement. Jim Palmer for example still has a place inside the city. And he is just one of many who live in the broader area, or had returned after a stint from other organizations.

The Sheets family is still part of the community in spite of Gavin playing for the Chicago White Sox.

• Upvote 1

Just now, eddie83 said:

Was this on MASN pregame? Taped today?

Just now on MASN. He had a similar answer for the various same questions, although I liked that they discussed $ specifically. EM did say future years were part of the equation and that they were not going to burn the farm

1 minute ago, Since1984 said:

Just now on MASN. He had a similar answer for the various same questions, although I liked that they discussed $ specifically. EM did say future years were part of the equation and that they were not going to burn the farm

Thanks 

26 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Does the Camden Yards LF wall have any incentive for Verlander or others who would have to waive a no-trade clause to Baltimore? I'm sure not as much incentive as Kate, but it could help him sleep better at night knowing a bushel of HRs in most other parks would be outs at OPACY. 

Of course, in keeping with the thread, there are likely *other* reasons he sleeps well at night. 

Nope. Minor factor, at best.

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

If CLE and SEA are indeed just plain selling, it does help the Sellers to Buyers ratio for final 23 hours.

Yeah I was getting at this earlier, that maybe the front office is avoiding the price being charged in what is considered a seller's market by waiting until enough buyers drop out that it's a buyer's market.