Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda - A Thread Dedicated to Players Orioles Could (maybe) Have Acquired

baltfan

Sewald (with 2024 control) is for me more than Aroldis the RP second guess.

Cole Ragans, very likely stronger than Cade Povich, smothered the Mets last night.     Elias' overall results are so good everyone is exciting (even Cowser with a 2-digit batting average), but other Clubs might wonder if the performances convey with the players, or if they should direct energies towards poaching brains.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I hate the idea of this thread.  The team we have is the one we’re going to have.  I don’t live in some alternative universe.  There’s no way to know what any player who isn’t on the Orioles would have done if he’d been on the Orioles.  

I think it helps understand if we made a good decision in passing on them. Now obviously we couldn't know how they would do at the time but we obviously didn't want to give up what was asked and so in the light it's validation of a decision to some degree. I hope we keep this going until the end of the season.

Lorenzen just pitched 8 innings for the Phillies vs the Marlins.

2 runs, 6 hits, 1 walk, 5 Ks.   101 pitches.   They let him stay in after a 2 out single in the 8th and he got Soler to end the inning.   Philly is up 4-2 so that brought the tie run to the plate.

[Assuming he's done and it will be closer in the 9th].

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Lorenzen just pitched 8 innings for the Phillies vs the Marlins.

2 runs, 6 hits, 1 walk, 5 Ks.   101 pitches.   They let him stay in after a 2 out single in the 8th and he got Soler to end the inning.   Philly is up 4-2 so that brought the tie run to the plate.

[Assuming he's done and it will be closer in the 9th].

Is he a rental?

56 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Scherzer gave up 6 hits and 2 walks to the White Sox in his first two innings for the Rangers.   Only down 3-1 thanks to a DP and 4 LOB.

I doubt Scherzer was on anyone's radar on this board or on the Orioles.  Could be wrong but I think it was more Verlander.