Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I disagree. He is very much a guy that you kick while he is down. 

Who cares if he’s 4-11 or 6-11?   Either way, this move is completely asinine, if the reports are even remotely accurate.  No reason to bring his height into anything.  

5 minutes ago, dzorange said:

Did anyone else get suspended? Serious question. It’s not like this is only Kevin Brown’s “doing”.

Right? Wouldn’t it be the producers/graphics team that would be responsible for that segment? Brown wasn’t freewheeling there. The whole thing is cartoonishly thin skinned if true. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Go crazy on the Angelos family, they're a curse unto all of us. My point is that people shouldn't be made fun of just because they're short. By definition some people have to be shorter than average (including people on this board), it's not something you can change, and there's nothing inherently wrong with it.

I'm 5'9 on a good day. I am not tall and I've never taken any issue with anyone who has tried to make fun of me for a lack of height because those folks are insecure in their own way. My point in making fun of his height is that he seems like he'd be very bothered by something as uncontrollable as his height. If the person that he in private is anything like who he is in public, I guarantee you that calling attention to his lack of height would bother him, which I'm all-for. 

Just now, banks703 said:

I'm 5'9 on a good day. I am not tall and I've never taken any issue with anyone who has tried to make fun of me for a lack of height because those folks are insecure in their own way. My point in making fun of his height is that he seems like he'd be very bothered by something as uncontrollable as his height. If the person that he in private is anything like who he is in public, I guarantee you that calling attention to his lack of height would bother him, which I'm all-for. 

If so, shouldn't he have resentment towards Ben McDonald, not Kevin Brown?

While this has zero impact on the on field product, this is a perfect example of why it’s tough to assume long term competitiveness. It’s tough to assume Elias and company stick around. 

This team isn’t moving but if the choice was stay but Angelos doesn’t sell or  they move we get a new franchise within 3 years, I would gladly take the new franchise.

I would literally rather have no local baseball and start all over than have that family attached to this organization for the long term.

Edited by Sports Guy

Man this is much ado about nothing. Why do you people care? Angelos could crucify someone on the flag court and half of the fans would just walk by wondering what happened on their way to their seats. Seats they spent their hard earned dollars on, giving it to a team that spits in their faces, and their employees faces on a regular basis. But so what? They keep spitting, and you keep forking over that money. You keep cheering and supporting the worst people who could ever own this team, giving them no reason to change a darn thing. Sell? Why the hell are we gonna sell??" as they laugh all the way to the bank.

This ownership doesn't care about the fans, don't care about the players or employees, all they care about is the bottom line. That's it. That is all they have ever cared about. So when you spend hundreds of dollars supporting these trash people, just know that every dollar you spend makes sure that nothing ever changes. And if you think for ONE SECOND, they are going to spend what is needed to get those team over the hump you are delusional. Hell they are sitting on God knows how much money socked away from the last 6 years,. Hundreds of millions probably. And this is whose hands the franchise is in.......forever!! So keep cheering, keep forking over those dollars, and John Angelos is gonna put together a 30 yr run that rivals the old man. That is what you want isn't it? 30 more years of this? Peter Part 2? Yes, you do. So don't complain about what you are helping stay afloat. Just deal with it. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

A lot of big accounts have retweeted it. 1.4 million views for the clip posted by Awful Announcing. Tough day for O's PR.

Unfortunately, this becoming public probably just makes it more likely that Brown doesn’t come back. 

Jeez, here we are having a great, feel good season and we have to put up with petty BS like this.  It’s pathetic.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, banks703 said:

Who has KB coming out to state that this is all false, etc. etc. ?

Having him back on the air tomorrow would help, not sure if that's on the schedule or not.

I'm in the camp that this is BS.  Seeing that graphic and that it was a whole produced bit seals it for me.  If you're going to discipline someone for a segment, you suspend the producer, and no one notices.  Not the on air talent who is probably just reading a cue card.

Someone save me reading 15 pages - at this point what is our most credible known source?

Well whatever the real/total story is, this has now gone internet wide. Even Roy's statement that it's true on OH is being cited as confirmation. I like K. B. and hope he returns. I am not a fan of Broch - his voice to me is like finger nails on a blackboard. Jim seems subdued since K. B. left. The thing that pisses me off most is we can't even have a great seaon without drama that in no way involves wins or loses. We have a great young team and farm system. But with this ownership family, you just never know what tomorrow will bring. Disgusting.