The Streak

Bahama O's Fan

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kremer today.  So...who knows what we're gonna get.  

I'd lean towards yes but this team continues to surprise me.

Either way, it's kind of a silly streak.  An obscure thing to follow and care about....I sort of get it, it speaks to winning consistently but it's not that big of a deal.

Preventing long losing streaks isn't a big deal?

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

Preventing long losing streaks isn't a big deal?

The streak as a thing is stupid.

You could win 30 in a row and than drop a two game series.

30-2 no streak.

You could play 32 games over the course of 11 series (10 3 game, one 2 game), drop every one of the 3 game series 2-1 and split the 2 game series.  You would have a 11 wins.

Which is better?

Just now, DirtyBird said:

If you are avoiding sweeps, you are usually capping out a losing streak at 4 games. Yes, 5 games is a long losing streak to me.

I said three games.  4 game series aren't that common but I'm sure you know that.  

But since you're moving the goalposts, fine.  Here's a hypothetical brainbuster for you:

The Orioles start a 3 game series against the Yankees.  They win the first one, lose the final two.  They go on to play a four game series against Tampa and lose the first three games but win the final game.

That's a 5 game losing streak which according to you is a long losing streak.  But yet, somehow, they still maintain their precious streak of not being swept.  

Now you tell me if that streak really matters or not.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The streak as a thing is stupid.

You could win 30 in a row and than drop a two game series.

30-2 no streak.

You could play 32 games over the course of 11 series (10 3 game, one 2 game), drop every one of the 3 game series 2-1 and split the 2 game series.  You would have a 11 wins.

Which is better?

Same with hitting streaks 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I said three games.  4 game series aren't that common but I'm sure you know that.  

But since you're moving the goalposts, fine.  Here's a hypothetical brainbuster for you:

The Orioles start a 3 game series against the Yankees.  They win the first one, lose the final two.  They go on to play a four game series against Tampa and lose the first three games but win the final game.

That's a 5 game losing streak which according to you is a long losing streak.  But yet, somehow, they still maintain their precious streak of not being swept.  

Now you tell me if that streak really matters or not.

I'm not moving the goal posts. The 4 game max losing streak was based exactly on your hypo - winning first game only of one series and last game of next.