Monday, September 18: AL East leading Orioles begin final regular season road trip in Houston

SteveA

Just now, EddeeEddee said:

The O's bullpen has the second best ERA in the league -- so we're getting way carried away with the idea of our bullpen being not good.  These are the Houston Astros after all.

But it does beg the question -- if our bullpen is so good, then why are we picking up guys castoffs like Fuji, Lopez and Webb?  

I guess we have something resembling a shutdown bullpen if it's Coulombe, Cano and Bautista 7,8 and 9.  Anything other than that -- even though Perez has been much better lately -- I think it's more of a coinflip.  

I think we took Fuji and Lopez and Webb because they throw hard and something about their spin rates and shape of their pitches we like.   Lopez is back because of the power sinker.  They like them in one inning spurts which makes me wonder why we force Lopez over and over to go two innings.  

Are people actually complaining about Means not pitching more than 86 pitches? Is this not the same pitcher who hasn’t pitched more than five innings since starting his rehab assignment? Also the guy who posters were saying is a horrible matchup against the Astros in this ballpark like 6 innings ago?