ALDS First Pitch - game start time

springglen

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

What a bunch of idiots. Seriously, how can the game be three days away and they haven’t confirmed a time?  

Because times for sporting events are dictated by the TV networks which pay billions of dollars to televise the games, and the networks want to know the matchups for the round before they set the times.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Because times for sporting events are dictated by the TV networks which pay billions of dollars to televise the games, and the networks want to know the matchups for the round before they set the times.

In this case, I’m not sure why it matters. There are no “juicy” matchups that could grab bigger than normal regional type ratings.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ahh I see. I searched for FS1 TV schedule and it gave me Fox.

So there is hope. There is nothing on FS1 that can’t be moved. So maybe the 1:00 game is possible.

Can't move horse racing. Will they move it up or do they just go with 4:07? Fox looks like is doing no baseball the whole weekend. 

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Can't move horse racing. Will they move it up or do they just go with 4:07? Fox looks like is doing no baseball the whole weekend. 

Not even Sunday in prime time?   I assumed Fox would have that slot, and probably put Houston Game 2 on, with our Game 2 being 4:30 or something like that.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Not even Sunday in prime time?   I assumed Fox would have that slot, and probably put Houston Game 2 on, with our Game 2 being 4:30 or something like that.

This is the schedule listed for Sunday. On Saturday,football listed till 11 PM

Sunday, October 8

1-4 pm ET/10 am-1 pm PT: NFL on Fox (check local listings for game)

4-7 pm ET/1-4 pm PT: NFL on Fox (check local listings for game)

8-8:30 pm ET/PT: The Simpsons season 35.

8:30-9 pm ET/PT: Krapopolis.

9-9:30 pm ET/PT: Bob's Burgers season 14.

9:30-10 pm ET/PT: Family Guy season 22.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

This is the schedule listed for Sunday. On Saturday,football listed till 11 PM

Sunday, October 8

1-4 pm ET/10 am-1 pm PT: NFL on Fox (check local listings for game)

4-7 pm ET/1-4 pm PT: NFL on Fox (check local listings for game)

8-8:30 pm ET/PT: The Simpsons season 35.

8:30-9 pm ET/PT: Krapopolis.

9-9:30 pm ET/PT: Bob's Burgers season 14.

9:30-10 pm ET/PT: Family Guy season 22.

Well, Fox doesn't have the doubleheader in the NFL, CBS does.

So NFL will only air on Fox in the 4pm slot in some cities:

• Cities involved in the 4pm Fox games (Cincinnati/Phoenix/Philadelphia/LA)
  • Cities that could not air a 1pm game on Fox because it would compete with a home game of their home team on CBS and the NFL still has that archaic regulation (Pittsburgh, Boston, Indianapolis)

But yeah, some major markets in there, so I guess Fox won't air MLB in the 4pm timeslot, FS1 will.

I am surprised Fox isn't preempting their cartoon lineup for baseball though.   I know MLB ratings aren't great, they are dwarfed by the NFL, but are the ratings for their Sunday night shows that strong?

31 minutes ago, SteveA said:

So, you're saying they are not idiots after all?  And we shouldn't rush to uninformed judgements?  I'm glad some people actually understand that this is how it works.

There's a really good reason why game times are not on the playoff tickets, folks......

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well, Fox doesn't have the doubleheader in the NFL, CBS does.

So NFL will only air on Fox in the 4pm slot in some cities:

• Cities involved in the 4pm Fox games (Cincinnati/Phoenix/Philadelphia/LA)
  • Cities that could not air a 1pm game on Fox because it would compete with a home game of their home team on CBS and the NFL still has that archaic regulation (Pittsburgh, Boston, Indianapolis)

But yeah, some major markets in there, so I guess Fox won't air MLB in the 4pm timeslot, FS1 will.

I am surprised Fox isn't preempting their cartoon lineup for baseball though.   I know MLB ratings aren't great, they are dwarfed by the NFL, but are the ratings for their Sunday night shows that strong?

Could be wrong online but we shall see. Probably won't have any times for the weekend till late Thursday or Friday,unless all the WC series end today.