Thank you to Tony, Chuck and everyone here

Frobby

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

A great season is over.  I’d like to thank Tony for providing this wonderful forum, the best place to follow and discuss Orioles baseball on the internet.   And, for providing your insights on the Orioles players and prospects throughout the year.  

Chuck Boemmel also deserves a lot of thanks.  Putting together 165 major league game recaps, plus recaps of 500+ minor league games, complete with assembled video highlights, is a tall task.  I really appreciate it.  

Finally, thanks to the entire community here.   I’m always learning something from my fellow posters, and even when I’m arguing with someone whose to opinion I think is way off base, I appreciate the passion that everyone shares for Orioles baseball.  It’s great to know that there are so many people who care about the O’s just as much as I do.  It makes being a fan that much more rewarding and fun.  

I ditto what Frobby said here. Thanks to Frobby and the posters here.  Well most of them! 😁 These three games were disappointing but it was a great season.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

A great season is over.  I’d like to thank Tony for providing this wonderful forum, the best place to follow and discuss Orioles baseball on the internet.   And, for providing your insights on the Orioles players and prospects throughout the year.  

Chuck Boemmel also deserves a lot of thanks.  Putting together 165 major league game recaps, plus recaps of 500+ minor league games, complete with assembled video highlights, is a tall task.  I really appreciate it.  

Finally, thanks to the entire community here.   I’m always learning something from my fellow posters, and even when I’m arguing with someone whose to opinion I think is way off base, I appreciate the passion that everyone shares for Orioles baseball.  It’s great to know that there are so many people who care about the O’s just as much as I do.  It makes being a fan that much more rewarding and fun.  

I could not have expressed it nearly as well!! Exactly!! Thanks to Tony andto everyone in the community of OH!! Go Os.. all the way in 24!! 

• Upvote 1

Thanks to everyone for sharing with me the memorable and surprising 2023 season. It feels a little empty right now, but I think for most of us the many highs will stay with us more than the dismal last act. Thanks again for the company, and I look forward to arguing with you about how to fix things in time for Opening Day on March 28, 2024, against the Angels. Who gets the ball: Bradish or Means or one of those veteran stars we'll be adding over the winter?

• Upvote 1

Absolutely right Frobby. It has been a wonderful year wildly exceeding my expectations. And this place made it very enjoyable. Tip of the ole ball cap to you Tony and also to you Chuck.  

As I said a couple days ago, it wasn’t the liftoff we thought we were getting but lift off indeed. Let’s hope this is not the end, but the end of the beginning!

• Upvote 1

Amen, Frobby.  This site has been like an oasis in the desert for me.   The O's fans are few and far between in my neck of the woods.   And I even learn a little bit about baseball and the business of baseball from the lot of you.   What a fun season to be a Birds fan. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks Frobby, appreciate the shout out. 

Thanks for all your contributions this and every year on the forum and for all your information and insights. 

Let me echo your thanks to @cboemmeljr Chuck for all his efforts this year. He added a lot of video from twitter this year on prospects having great nights and really provided some great content!

Thank you all for being part of our community and for adding your thoughts and sharing in this great 101-win season.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been a lurker here for upwards of 20 years. My profile says 2022, but I've been here for a long time. Only recently have I started to post occasionally. I've always appreciated Frobby's posts. Probably the best poster I've ever seen on a forum. Well thought out, hardly argumentative, always productive.

I also appreciate Tony's insights. I find them very valuable, and another person who always has productive and well thought out posts.

• Upvote 2

I did not want to close 2023 season in my mind without saying one final time  congrats to the field manager, Hyde, the entire team incld  subs,   and all who worked behind the scene.    You did all you could with what you had to work with.   March will be here soon enough.  Now forget baseball and enjoy life.   Go Orioles.

25 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

Now forget baseball and enjoy life.   Go Orioles.

Agreed. These Orioles playoff seasons are always so intense. 162 games. It's rare that O's fans have a team like we have had the last two years now, so I'm not willing to take it for granted and I'm going to watch the O's as much as I can. 2012 was the same way for me - it was a grind getting through 162 games, most of which take up your entire evening. Hopefully the O's are just starting a long run of good teams, and I won't feel the need to grind out the entire season so extensively.

For that reason, I'm also thankful for the new rule changes that speed up a game. In addition to the O's putting out a team worth watching, I think the rule changes made for better quality as well.

• Upvote 1

I've posted less just because life has changed some, but this place is still irreplaceable to me. I talk to friends who know baseball and continually am surprised about what they don't know. You start to take for granted what's posted here. There's just so much knowledge being shared. 

It's a fun time to be an O's fan. The offseason will bring a ton of threads about chasing guys like Ohtani or making mega blockbuster trades that are unrealistic, but behind it all really is a ton of knowledge and perspective. It'll be fun to follow here for sure, and of course the prospect list will be on its way too and we'll start to get hints about guys that the average fan still knows nothing about. I love this stuff.

Thanks Tony, and everyone.