Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Gurgi said:

Forgive me if this article has been brought up.  I did not have time to go through 100+ threads.  Seems the propects that Chicago was trying to pry from Cincinati has dropped.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/orioles-know-asking-price-to-acquire-ace/ar-AA1m1hmO

"I know the White Sox were asking the Reds a crazy price for Dylan Cease. Chicago wanted Edwin Arroyo, Rhett Lowder, Connor Phillips and at least one more prospect. Do they think [Nick] Krall is Santa Claus? That’s enough to put you on the naughty list all by itself," he reports.

MLB Pipeline ranks Rhett Lowder as the Reds' No. 2 overall prospect, Edwin Arroyo their No. 3 overall prospect and Connor Phillips No. 4. They're also the 41st, 57th and 68th ranked prospects in all of minor league baseball.

That is quite the asking price.

This is insanely high.  It would be guys like Cowser, Kjerstad and Basillo.  This guy hasnt proved he is worth all that in my book.

They aren’t getting that.

1 minute ago, Jagwar said:

Kremer won 13 last year with a better WHIP and ERA.

And basically all of the advanced stats basically say his numbers were far better than his actual performance. 

In other words, the numbers say he will be worse next year and even with those “better numbers” in 2023, his ERA+ was just 100..exactly league average.

He may be a guy that continues to outperform peripherals but Cease has a ceiling that is way higher and even in a down year, he still had a lot of very good numbers that dwarfed Kremer. 

Just now, Jagwar said:

And those same guys will say "We need to do SOMETHING'" without really thinking about what creates real win value for the team. Right?

I don’t think adding Cease by subtracting is a wise decision. I don’t know why they’d want Kremer and based on the rumors don’t. His service time is rolling and won’t be there when they are relevant again.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t think adding Cease by subtracting is a wise decision. I don’t know why they’d want Kremer and based on the rumors don’t. His service time is rolling and won’t be there when they are relevant again.

There is value in a guy that can be a reliable rotation member at a reasonable price.  Even rebuilding teams need them.

26 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t sense that the White Sox are planning a five-year rebuild.  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t sense that the White Sox are planning a five-year rebuild.  

Their probably not, and that's the problem here. If they think they can be relevant in the next 2 years they need a proven starter to come back, If they dont they can flip him. Kremer has value. Look at like this if we had Bradish Grod Cease and Means, and we need a solid back end starter what would Kremer cost