Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

8 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Haskins and Cook, if they ever play for the Orioles are 4th or 5th outfielders.  They have nothing to do with trading or not trading Cowser.   Kjerstad and Beavers are the organizational depth.  Hopefully, we can say the same about Horvath and Bradfield and maybe even Fabian this summer.

I think Horvath is the real deal.  I think he’s the guy we will all be fawning over this time next year.  I wouldn’t trade him unless I had to. I love that they are trying him in the dirt.  He’s sleeper long term outfield depth.  Beavers scares me a bit with the swing.  But not counting him out by any means.  Just think he has an upfield battle to success.  I’d be surprised if Haskins & Cook get more than a cup of coffee in the show.  I don’t see how they fit into our future plans.  Maybe 4th/5th Offers on a 2nd div team.  I don’t think Fabian will be able to put it together at the plate, way too little contact.  I’m eagerly waiting to see how Bradfields year turns out.  The swing is funky and I’m interested to see how it plays vs. higher level arms. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Huh so Mountcastle was a stud his rookie season?

At the point …his first full season he had 33 and 90. His future looked bright and you had every reason to believe he was going to get better. But, streakiness, dizzy spells, etc have caused him to not achieve what looked possible 

34 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think there is a good chance Norby & Mayo stick in the IF. Thats going to be the plan until they prove it isn’t.  Regarding the future, the current outfielders are gone as soon as next year.  There is also more “impact” talent in the IF v. The OF.  If you lose one of Kjerstad/Cowser the high end talent drops.  If you lose Westburg you can still field a Henderson, Holliday, Mayo IF.  

Mostky splitting hairs here.  I think there are arguments both ways.  I just see Westburg as the highest end talent (will fetch most in a trade) that could be most easily replaceable.  

Where does Norby Play?

14 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think Horvath is the real deal.  I think he’s the guy we will all be fawning over this time next year.  I wouldn’t trade him unless I had to. I love that they are trying him in the dirt.  He’s sleeper long term outfield depth.  Beavers scares me a bit with the swing.  But not counting him out by any means.  Just think he has an upfield battle to success.  I’d be surprised if Haskins & Cook get more than a cup of coffee in the show.  I don’t see how they fit into our future plans.  Maybe 4th/5th Offers on a 2nd div team.  I don’t think Fabian will be able to put it together at the plate, way too little contact.  I’m eagerly waiting to see how Bradfields year turns out.  The swing is funky and I’m interested to see how it plays vs. higher level arms. 

Good take.  I mostly agree although I think it’s probably a waste of time trying Horvath in the infield.   Etzel could be an interesting guy and of course it would be nice if Tavera and/or Sosa step forward at Delmarva.   I know Beavers has an unorthodox swing.   Don’t remember hearing it about Bradfield but I trust your opinion on it.