If not Cease..then who?

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Yeah, I rarely drink, I was more of a social drinker when I was a young man, but in my old age, if I have a drink at dinner once a month, that's a good month.

I'm not much of a drinker either. I'm not sure if it's having kids or being middle aged or what... I just don't have the desire anymore.

6 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Peter Schmuck mentioned Frank Montas?  What do you all think?

I saw this mentioned on twitter last night as possible fits. They didn’t refer to Schmuck in the tweet. He threw 4 outs last year and 39 innings the prior year…..I’d lose all faith in Elias as a GM if that’s the move.

50 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm not much of a drinker either. I'm not sure if it's having kids or being middle aged or what... I just don't have the desire anymore.

I find as I'm getting older, I'm turning into a drink "snob".   I don't drink a lot, but when I do, it's something worth drinking...and never to excess.

Edited by clapdiddy

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

As someone who has never had a hangover, I can’t sympathize with this. I see so many people who can’t get over it for days. So glad I never had that issue.

I don’t know how much a person would have to drink to have a hangover that lasted more than a day.  I’ve never heard of that.  As to you, congratulations to you for not drinking, drinking only in moderation, or having a very high tolerance for alcohol, whichever it is.

The older you get, the less alcohol it takes to make you feel subpar the next day.  It really changes the cost/benefit ratio considerably.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know how much a person would have to drink to have a hangover that lasted more than a day.  I’ve never heard of that.  As to you, congratulations to you for not drinking, drinking only in moderation, or having a very high tolerance for alcohol, whichever it is.

The older you get, the less alcohol it takes to make you feel subpar the next day.  It really changes the cost/benefit ratio considerably.  

It’s the high tolerance thing.  Lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It was definitely an exaggeration, in my 20's I could have a good night and feel pretty okay by the afternoon the following day. The recovery time gets much longer as I get older, but I'm also a lightweight and enjoy the occasional drink now and then at this point in my life.