Bloomberg: Carlyle Group/David Rubenstein In Talks To Purchase Orioles

ThisIsBirdland

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What would you rather have.

Angelos stays and so does Elias or Rubenstein   Comes in and gets rid of Elias or Elias decides to leave?

A big fear, for sure, but I think it depends. If Elias leaves and the majority of his staff stay and another quality GM is hired or promoted from within, I think I'd take that scenario. What if Eve becomes GM? She's worked with Elias for years. The analytics dept and international scouting dept are both in place. We have smart scouts and drafting guys. Etc.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Elias leaving is worst case. 

My belief is Elias is the best thing to happen to this org maybe ever…but I would still take my chances with the new owner and quite frankly, my reasoning is simple…ownership can essentially last forever…but someone could swoop in and offer Elias 15M a year to run their org and he rolls out.

Theoretically, that could happen at any point. So, I’d take my chances on new ownership.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

My belief is Elias is the best thing to happen to this org maybe ever…but I would still take my chances with the new owner and quite frankly, my reasoning is simple…ownership can essentially last forever…but someone could swoop in and offer Elias 15M a year to run their org and he rolls out.

Theoretically, that could happen at any point. So, I’d take my chances on new ownership.

If we were a big market I may agree with you. I get your point. 

I would rather as a market this size maximize my window whenever it comes. I can see Elias leaving just not until the job is finished. 

Elias isn't a one-man show and he created the front office that way. They are a collaborative group who are all smart (for once) and pulling on the same rope (for once). The whole point of the Elias rebuild was he was modernizing the whole organization, not just the players but structurally. That's complete now and if he leaves, the organization is in good shape. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

Who do you depend on? Can you list the fair and accurate media for me ? 

I don’t depend on one.  I read them all.  You know the bias before you read them.  CNN goes one way. Fox and NY Post go another.  It’s up to the reader to sort through the BS and figure out what makes sense to them.  When I read the article you posted I could see right away that there was no objectivity whatsoever.  Doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot of truth in there.  Just that I certainly wouldn’t trust everything in there without getting a lot of other reading material on the guy.

If we were a big market I may agree with you. I get your point. 

I would rather as a market this size maximize my window whenever it comes. I can see Elias leaving just not until the job is finished. 

Sure but you can argue that our window is open for the next 4-7 years with or without him..many of the players are already in place.