MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

1 hour ago, dystopia said:

If my genie looked like that my first wish would be for a new genie. 

If my genie looked like Barbara Eden I’d be lying in bed smoking a cigarette before I got to my second wish.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just saw Kyle Boddy was hired by the Red Sox in an advisory role.  I respect his opinion on most topics, and even though it didn't seem to work with him at his role with the Reds, he probably gets a longer leash with a brand new GM on the Sox in Breslow to implement his philosophies.

Maybe the Sox finally turn their pitching around to match their usually strong offense.  Playing in the AL East never gets easy...

12 minutes ago, nvpacchi said:

Just saw Kyle Boddy was hired by the Red Sox in an advisory role.  I respect his opinion on most topics, and even though it didn't seem to work with him at his role with the Reds, he probably gets a longer leash with a brand new GM on the Sox in Breslow to implement his philosophies.

Maybe the Sox finally turn their pitching around to match their usually strong offense.  Playing in the AL East never gets easy...

Yea I saw he made a point about how he has had other opportunities but felt Boston was the right fit for him.

23 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

Hader to the Astros. Some more defense being played by Elias. Keeping these guys outta the AL East. 

Stephenson to the Mets or Phillies?

The only big moves left that could hurt us are Montgomery and Snell. Both don’t seem like fits in the AL East. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

2 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Hader married a girl from Texas that he met while playing AAA ball in El Paso, so perhaps he wanted to go somewhere in Texas.

Or, maybe they offered the most money.

Edited by SteveA

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Hader to the Astros. Some more defense being played by Elias. Keeping these guys outta the AL East. 

Stephenson to the Mets or Phillies?

The only big moves left that could hurt us are Montgomery and Snell. Both don’t seem like fits in the AL East. 

How is this "playing defense" by Elias? 

44 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Hader married a girl from Texas that he met while playing AAA ball in El Paso, so perhaps he wanted to go somewhere in Texas.

Or, maybe they offered the most money.

My bad, it was Corpus Christi, not El Paso