"An Organization in need of change" - I wanted Mike Elias before Mike Elias was Mike Elias

Tony-OH

@Tony-OH Methinks there is something abnormal about your brain. That you're able to remember this 21+ years later is impressive. I can barely remember what I ate for dinner last night and Mike Elias is more than two years older than me! I was a senior in Hikes School when you wrote this. Good on you for remembering it. 

4 minutes ago, banks703 said:

@Tony-OH Methinks there is something abnormal about your brain. That you're able to remember this 21+ years later is impressive. I can barely remember what I ate for dinner last night and Mike Elias is more than two years older than me! I was a senior in Hikes School when you wrote this. Good on you for remembering it. 

I am not surprised Tony remembered this.   It got a lot of attention at the time.  As I recall, some in the Orioles brass weren’t too pleased.  

20+ years ago...

Compare that to our GM at the time... who used a chisel to carve notes out of a rock.

Fantastic...  but does remind me of what this franchise had been.  Half the battle is won.  A change of ownership and philosophy would do wonders (duh).  Heck, a change of ownership would be good for the fans - we would never have to suffer under the "Angelos" weight.

36 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Pretty cool. Moneyball was published in 2003. Better late than never but did if have to take that long? I think Peter being incapacitated has a lot to do with it.

I also think winning 47 games helped to shock the ownership group out of complacency.  

• Upvote 1