Remember the drama around the Bedard/Adam Jones deal in early 2008?

Tony-OH

11 minutes ago, Rustbelt said:

I am not sure.  It is definitely up there as one of the best.  Definitely debatable though.  Cuellar trade, Boddicker for Anderson and Schilling, mega trade with Yankees that brought in Scott McGregor and Tippy Martinez etc, McNally for Ken Singleton and Mike Torrez are certainly up there.  None of these top Frank Robinson trade though. 

I forgot about the Yankees/Orioles blockbuster. That was a great trade. Now I need a coffee. Might help me think clearer. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Good times, good times.

Still waiting for that Cubs offer for B-Rob. Any day now, surely. 

I remember the Cubs flat refusing to include Hill and Pie in any deal.  Within a couple years, both ended up playing for the Orioles.

8 minutes ago, interloper said:

Good times, good times.

Still waiting for that Cubs offer for B-Rob. Any day now, surely. 

Remember @davearm?   He was a Cubs fan who came over here regularly to tell us how good the Cubs prospects/players like Felix Pie and Matt Murton were.   

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I never looked at Bedard as anything more than a middle to back end rotation lefty so I never paid much attention to the Orioles trading him. The way I looked at was like it was just another day in the business and the team was trying to get younger as much as possible.

So that top 5 finish in the Cy Young voting didn't phase you?

6 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I never looked at Bedard as anything more than a middle to back end rotation lefty so I never paid much attention to the Orioles trading him. The way I looked at was like it was just another day in the business and the team was trying to get younger as much as possible.

Lol. I have never seen a more bold-faced lie on this board. There is no possible way anyone who was a fan at the time looked at it as "just another day in the business". 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Lol. I have never seen a more bold-faced lie on this board. There is no possible way anyone who was a fan at the time looked at it as "just another day in the business". 

I was also in my 20s, partying, and watched alot less baseball then and I didn't watch any pundits talking abiut baseball either. Most of my opinions of Bedard were formed from being a casual fan of the team around 2005-2006 and set at that point.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20090115201245/http://www.orioleshangout.com/ttakeArticle.asp?ID=1307&page=ttake

Just a cool little trip down memory lane about the Bedard trade.

Funny how you can see who was right and who was wrong with their "inside knowledge".

I remember wanting one other rumored deals. I remember one with Cueto and Votto, but don’t remember the other.