Orioles may have sleeve advertisement deal in place.

Snutchy

6 hours ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Yuck.

I hate the whole "squeeze advertisements into every square inch of everything and every single second of every broadcast" trend. 

It's not even like I can comfort myself with "well, at least it'll go towards improving the team," because let's be real, it won't.

The only thing I don’t totally mind is when they  do a split screen and show Felix coming into the game with the advertisement on the other half. 

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

You know they won’t. This is going to JA’s pocket. 

I said this yesterday in this thread. Where is all the saved payroll from the last 4 or 5 years. I estimate they’ve stuffed away half a billion. They could extend Adley and Gunnar immediately and sign Snell and not even be at a break even. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I said this yesterday in this thread. Where is all the saved payroll from the last 4 or 5 years. I estimate they’ve stuffed away half a billion. They could extend Adley and Gunnar immediately and sign Snell and not even be at a break even. 

It’s a lot, but I doubt it’s half a billion.  For one thing, they lost money during the pandemic year.  Forbes had them with operating income of $67 mm last year, and looking at their chart of year-by-year, it looks like about $200 mm from 2019-22.   

Now, Forbes’ numbers are only estimates, and operating income is a slightly different measure than profit.  But it’s still the best thing we have available.  

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

It’s so tacky. The Nike swoosh was bad enough, now they’re trying to make baseball uniforms look like eurotrash soccer league jerseys. 

Not that I’d get a jersey since I’m an adult, but I’m curious; if someone buys an authentic jersey, does it include the stupid advertisement patch on the sleeve?

Lastly, two big middle fingers to T Rowe Price for having the gall to think that anyone wants to see their logo on a baseball uniform.  

When you think about T. Rowe Price is actually a good fit because their slogan also speaks to John Angelos' when it comes to investing money into the team. You just need to accentuate the "con" part. 

John Angelos (Invest with CONfidence)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1