Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

10 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I think this is most likely good news on the payroll front along with everything else, but remember that private equity companies are not known for spending like drunken sailors for the benefit of their customers.  I'm hoping that Rubenstein and his partner are looking at the O's as a passion project and not a source of short-term profit.

Hopefully they are in it to own a toy and not their typical investment. 

I know we have to wait for the details but you’d assume it includes MASN?

Edited by Roll Tide

Just now, 24fps said:

All good points and I'll wager that Rob Manfred will lobby hard to get John Angelos in the rearview mirror just as soon as possible.

I don't think much lobbying will be needed.

Orioles selling at that valuation just boosts everyone's team value.

33 minutes ago, Orioles Jim said:

Yeah, it’s a little strange that it’s ONLY being reported in one place right now. 

It’s not like this is out of left field. This has been rumored for a while. 

This is the best news for the organization in decades. 

1 minute ago, Go_Os said:

I don't think you have to worry.  Yes, PE firms often buy companies, fire people, and reduce costs before eventually flipping the company, but Rubenstein won't do that with the Orioles.  If anything it will be the opposite - he will increase the payroll significantly.

Will he?

Granted it’s not his PE firm acquiring the O’s, so that’s good. Hope this is a local guy’s pet project. Curious about the Mike AroughetI inclusion. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

He's already got his 4am post ready for tomorrow so it'll have to wait until Thursday. 

Haha, like I have seen this headline like 3 times in the past 3 months, and a beat writer and Angelos comes out and squashes it each time

• Upvote 1