Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is there any team in baseball that has a standalone streaming app?  I don’t think so.  

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that all the teams agreed not to in order to participate in the revenue from the MLB controlled streaming service.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

I will take a nothing offseason in 2023-2024 for a future infinitely brighter future. Also, you need to change your username. 

I do and will but have to think of something appropriate. I need to hear this new ownership actually speak.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ScGO's said:

He definitely keeps his job right?

Got to think even Ripken would want to keep him.  Maybe Ripken might want to get involved in trying to bring back the Orioles way stuff of teaching all the minor league levels the exact same stuff.   But maybe Elias is already doing that.

2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that all the teams agreed not to in order to participate in the revenue from the MLB controlled streaming service.

And then the Amazon bailout of Diamond Sports took over five teams' broadcasts, now to air on Amazon Prime, ripping a huge hole in MLB's plans for this to occur.  Crushed me. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Got to think even Ripken would want to keep him.  Maybe Ripken might want to get involved in trying to bring back the Orioles way stuff of teaching all the minor league levels the exact same stuff.   But maybe Elias is already doing that.

I'll take the Elias way over the Ripken way.  The old Oriole way included keeping your draft picks for their whole career because when the Oriole way was in full swing, there was no or little free agency.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

That would be a nice full circle development. 

I just always worry that when new ownership comes in they want to bring in "their people"

I honestly wonder if John Angelos wanted to sell the team from the moment Peter got sick. He hired Elias, said you can spend money on any anything but the onfield product to make us a well oild machine. 5 Years later, best farm system, top Dominican Academy, one of the best stadiums in baseball, and a bottom of the league payroll. The Orioles are a very good product. If he sold the team in 2018, he wouldnt have gotten 1.75 Billion. If this was John Angelos' plan all along, well played. I just hope that Elias knew this and that everyone was in agreement that Elias would keep his job as part of a sell agreement

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

MASN should have a regional horse racing program, similar to what Fox Sports has with coverage of NY racing.

There is so little done with MASN.  I would like to see a sports memorabilia show.  Shows by former players like Adam Jones and Ray Lewis or other guys like that. 

• Upvote 1