Puck News: Orioles sold to Rubenstein

Orioles Jim

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Hopefully these guys are smart enough to not say, I want to bring in my own people….just let Elias and his people be.

Maybe this is naive, but Rubenstein is an Os fan--thus, he probably follows the team, knows how successful Elias has been, and just gives a great mind a budget.  It's not like some Bay Area tech billionaire is buying the team. 

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Hopefully these guys are smart enough to not say, I want to bring in my own people….just let Elias and his people be.

You’d have to be a moron not to do that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Now he can move to Nashville full time and enjoy his money baths!

I’ve been to Nashville and that place is expensive. Poor me had to stick to $10 beers because I got tired of paying for $20 old fashions. 

• Upvote 1

Give Elias a 10 year extension and full authority to run everything; spending whatever he wants on facilities, front office people, minor league teams, and whatever organizational administrivia there is.

Get the stadium improvement process started immediately.

Put money into improving and extending MASN personalities and functionality.

Sign Gunnar, Adley and Holliday to long term deals.  Sign Snell.

16 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Absolutely! (I'll give JA credit, this organization is sooo much better than it was in 2018.) They are buying a solid franchise. MASN needs to be worked on for sure and I await to see what happens on that front, but the team is poised to be relavent for some time. I am excited but will temper that excitement until I see what happens re Elias & Co. That's where I want to see initial extensions.

Just now, Ripken said:

Give Elias a 10 year extension and full authority to run everything; spending whatever he wants on facilities, front office people, minor league teams, and whatever organizational administrivia there is.

Get the stadium improvement process started immediately.

Put money into improving and extending MASN personalities and functionality.

Sign Gunnar, Adley and Holliday to long term deals.  Sign Snell.

I mean, this sounds great, but you never let someone spend whatever they want. That's a terrible business plan.

When David Rubenstein was in high school at City, the Orioles were winning the '66 World Series across the street.

When Mike Elias was in grade school in NoVa, there were no Nationals, and OPACY the jewel of baseball made us the league's richest team for a minute.

They may not have the full Gerrit "Yankee Fan Forever" Cole 10 out of 10, but I believe both have some sincere feeling for the organization, apart from the present professional context.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

Bingo. PE rarely care about customers or fans. They only care about profit and stripping companies down to their bones. I hope Rubinstein operates differently as an owner than his PE firm background. 

Anything and I mean anything is better an Angelos IMO!

Everything wrong about this organization has been because of that family. This is a glorious day and long overdue.

Imagine if Elias is allowed to extend players and spend some money…the window of contention has possibly just been thrown wide open.

• Upvote 2