Kranitz has a "sleeper" for the rotation?

Frobby

Both Roch and Schmuck are reporting that, as of now, Kranitz has a "sleeper" in mind for one of the rotation spots:

Kranitz referred to a pitcher on the staff as "a real good sleeper" for the rotation that "probably nobody's even thinking about except for me."

http://masnsports.com/2009/02/kranitzs-mystery-starter.html

Hmmmmm.......who do you think?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I hear that it's a name not on anyone's current radar, I think Berken, Bergesen and DHernandez.

That's what I'm thinking. It has to be one of those three guys. From all accounts, Arrieta has been very impressive in camp but I just don't see any way he makes the team yet. My other pick would be Patton.

Bergesen makes some sense since he's been extended tomorrow. Bergesen figures to make an impact this season anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to put someone like him at #5. And when I say someone like him, I mean an innings eater that will be more consistent than anybody else.

Arrieta and Patton might be considered sleepers in Kranitz's eyes as well.

I gotta think it's someone from left-field for only Kranitz to be considering it. I think it could be Chris Ray, Jamie Walker or Danys Baez, even though Baez as SP has been discussed already. Maybe it's Brian Matusz, since it's a foregone conclusion that he'll go to Frederick. No one else would be that huge of a shocker to be considered for the rotation.

Archived