MASN off of Comcast?

Sports Guy

22 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

DirectTV is great for having MASN. No big disputes or problems like Comcast. And if you cut the cord, you still have to pay for umpteen different streaming services so by the time you're done subscribing you've just as much money on the streaming services than you would have if you had just had the regular TV deal that included MASN and all your traditional local channels to watch live sports and local news.

Does DirecTV Stream work well on a traditional (non-smart) TV?

14 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

It's not getting dropped. 

They might punish us for a period, but we'll be able to - or should be able to - watch opening day on MASN on Xfinity.

Personally, I'm thinking of investing in a decent drone with a telephoto lens to hover a thousand feet over Pickles to deliver my viewing needs in real time. ;)  Sadly, they won't be able to deliver me a beer while I watch.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

So tomorrow's the day, huh? Doesn't impact me, but pretty curious about this. 

I've been checking the Comcast web site every day (link below), and today they changed the date for the MASN negotiations from February to March. So it sounds like they've temporarily extended it for a month and now have until March 31st to work it out. Hopefully we'll get some clarification on this in the near future.

https://www.xfinity.com/programmingchanges

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

I've been checking the Comcast web site every day (link below), and today they changed the date for the MASN negotiations from February to March. So it sounds like they've temporarily extended it for a month and now have until March 31st to work it out. Hopefully we'll get some clarification on this in the near future.

https://www.xfinity.com/programmingchanges

Its good to go.  You're going to have to go with "trust me bro" 

15 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Its good to go.  You're going to have to go with "trust me bro" 

I don't know if I have ever rooted for an internet stranger to be correct about something as much as this.  Love the confidence, hope we don't miss any games.

Regards,

-Someone who doesn't really have any other choice than Comcast

SARASOTA, Fla. — The Mid-Atlantic Sports Network’s contract with Comcast will now expire in March, keeping Orioles and Nationals games available to Xfinity cable customers for at least a little bit longer.

The contract was set to expire at the end of February.

MASN did not respond immediately to requests for comment, and a Comcast spokesperson confirmed that the network would remain available while negotiations continue. The spokesperson would not say when the deal is now set to end; the Xfinity site now lists the MASN agreement as ending in March. It previously said February.

MASN to remain on Xfinity as negotiations continue - The Baltimore Banner
https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/masn-xfinity-orioles-nationals-comcast-EXCLTZ57CVBGRPXVZXKMPD2FZQ/

Edited by Going Underground
  • Upvote 1

DTV has upped their prices again. It’s up about $20 a month in the last few years and it’s easily a worse service than YouTubeTv for an extra $35/month.

But it has MASN, so have to suck it up. 

Really hope Rubenstein does something with this to make this better for the fans.

If the deal with Comcast works out, which I’m sure it will, it will be interesting to see the length of it.