Kyle Bradish Has Sprained UCL, Will Start Season On IL (4/9 Update: Assigned rehab assignment w/Aberdeen)

DrinkinWithFermi

1 minute ago, DocJJ said:

Did they say whether Bradish's injury is distal or proximal?   Proximal UCL injury can heal without surgery.  Distal almost always results in surgery.

I must admit, compare the following 2 rotations:

Burnes, Bradish, Rodriguez, Means, Kremer

and

Burnes, Rodriguez, Kremer, Wells, Irvin.

I'd give the first an A.  The second a C+.  Ouch.  

I'd sign Ryu to a one year prove-it deal. Then I'd hope and pray.  If you sign Montgomery or Snell to a 8 year deal, you'll pay outrageous sums for 5 years of non-pitching...

We don't know. We just know he needs TJS and the O's are screwing up by not getting it done in January.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Are you any kind of a baseball fan? Do you understand the rate of TJ surgeries has increased over the past 20 years?

Yes I stated in my post before. What percent of professional pitchers end up getting Tommy John surgery would you say ?

https://birdswatcher.com/posts/spring-training-just-started-and-baltimore-orioles-are-already-getting-injured-01gse4vwrwtm

Was looking back at articles from last year to see if I could find any direct Elias quotes but from what I read, the expectation originally was maybe Tate could make the OD roster but it was more likely he would miss most or all of April.  

So yea, the team was optimistic for Tate last year and his ligament wasn’t torn.

Elias publicly being optimistic about Bradish means nothing to me. 

Gonna be a pessimist about this one and assume the platelet infusion is only going to delay the inevitable and the team will be without Bradish that much longer. What an absolute s***storm of bad Orioles news this morning.

I will say, if you're looking for someone to fill in for a month or two in the rotation and then transition back to the bullpen, Tyler Wells is a great freaking candidate.

(Still devastated by all this though. Means and Bradish are my two favorite pitchers on the team, besides Felix)

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

One third is, to me, a pretty significant number.

That doesn't include thoratic outlet issues, shoulder issues, oblique issues, hamstring issues, back issues...

Sure. It is a significant number. But we were talking about elbow only. He said every pitchers arm “breaks”. Which isn’t even close to being accurate. Sorry if we disagree 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

One third is, to me, a pretty significant number.

That doesn't include thoratic outlet issues, shoulder issues, oblique issues, hamstring issues, back issues...

1/3 is indeed a significant number.

I think the argument was the statement all pitchers should just get TJ surgery from the start.  Which they should not, for various reasons, including this stat.