Spring Training Lineups

DirtyBird

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

You may be right, there's not a ton. I'm mostly look at guys like Maton. Hopefully some pitchers, too, like Povich.

I was thinking Maton was the guy who was already gone and claimed off waivers. That must have been some other bum.

I'd like to see some more of Povich and McDermott, vs major league bats

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I was thinking Maton was the guy who was already gone and claimed off waivers. That must have been some other bum.

I'd like to see some more of Povich and McDermott, vs major league bats

It was the OF guy, Sam Hilliard who got claimed. 

7 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Orioles at Pirates | O’s Starting Lineup | 3:05 p.m.  CF - Mullins C - Rutschman SS - Henderson DH - Santander LF - Hays 3B - Urías 2B - Mateo 1B - Nevin RF - Stowers P - Rodriguez  The graphic features an image of Mullins smiling and leaning on the dugout.

I'm tired of Nevin and his boring groundout ABs. I wish we had some interesting prospects at 1B like we do the rest of the IF and OF. Not that I dislike Mounty and O'Hearn, but when they don't play the only alternatives have been Nevin and Bowens, basically. Even Lewin Diaz was more interesting last year. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1

I guess I'm a little surprised more guys aren't getting looks at 1B like Santander. Then you can free up some COF and DH spots. It would be fun to see more of Norby, for example, who looks awesome when they let him play. 

Edited by interloper

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm tired of Nevin and his boring groundout ABs. I wish we had some interesting prospects at 1B like we do the rest of the IF and OF. Not that I dislike Mounty and O'Hearn, but when they don't play the only alternatives have been Nevin and Bowens, basically. Even Lewin Diaz was more interesting last year. 

Basallo is kind of interesting.

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

I guess I'm a little surprised more guys aren't getting looks at 1B like Santander. Then you can free up some COF and DH spots. It would be fun to see more of Norby, for example, who looks awesome when they let him play. 

Pound that table! More Norby!

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Ok.  So you miss a Lewin Diaz type.  I don't know what to say.

Lol, I really didn't mean to make that big of a deal about it. I was mostly just being grumpy about Nevin, who is just a nothing AB for me. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

Pound that table! More Norby!

Right? I worry he is going to get put in the Stowers category when he far outclasses Stowers as a pure hitter. He's less versatile than Westburg, but every bit his equal as a hitter, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Right? I worry he is going to get put in the Stowers category when he far outclasses Stowers as a pure hitter. He's less versatile than Westburg, but every bit his equal as a hitter, IMO. 

I think he is going to be a really solid MLB bat, hope we find a way to give him a chance in Baltimore before he is traded away.