LF Cowser

CF Mullins

RF Santander 

DH Kjerstad 

McCann, Hays, Westburg, Mateo

Burnes, GRod, Kremer, Wells, Irvin

Kimbrel/Cano/Coulombe/Suarez/Tate/Baumann

Teheran/McDermott 

Agree on the position players, although Kjerstad has not impressed this spring. Him, O’Hearn and Stowers are probably all very close in terms of “right now” and Kjerstad has all the upside.

On the pitchers Cionel Pérez has been horrible this spring but has done enough the past 2 years that he should still be included, over Baumann, Suárez or Teheran. Especially considering Coulombe is the only lefty in your pen.

Also if we’re putting McDermott in the pen for this exercise, Povich could be in there too. 

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think this is a reasonable take.  Kjerstad may be the better long term option but I don’t think it’s an issue saying Stowers is the better player right now.

My thinking exactly.

9 hours ago, Philip said:

With all the depth, is Mountcastle really one of our best 26?

asking for a friend…

Right now, I would say absolutely. Now I don’t love his approach at the plate, and think at some point this answer might become “no”, but I think people are missing that Mountys contact to damage ratio is top 2/3 on this team. For us to be who we want to be this year, I think we need his power RH bat.

1 hour ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

Agree on the position players, although Kjerstad has not impressed this spring. Him, O’Hearn and Stowers are probably all very close in terms of “right now” and Kjerstad has all the upside.

On the pitchers Cionel Pérez has been horrible this spring but has done enough the past 2 years that he should still be included, over Baumann, Suárez or Teheran. Especially considering Coulombe is the only lefty in your pen.

Also if we’re putting McDermott in the pen for this exercise, Povich could be in there too. 

My opinion is that Kjerstad is better than Stowers and just hasn't gotten untracked yet.  I don't think O'Hearn will repeat last year.

Cionel Perez was bad in the first half last year and looks bad this spring.  I think Baumann finds the next level this year.  Not concerned with lefty righty. just the 8 best.  Teheran is needed as a long man.  Suarez looks like he could be dominant in the pen.  Even the good version of Cionel is not dominant. 

Povich doesn't do it for me.  McDermott does.  Just my opinion. 

On 3/10/2024 at 12:12 AM, Philip said:

With all the depth, is Mountcastle really one of our best 26?

asking for a friend…

Mountcastle had a .900 OPS post vertigo last year.  He probably would've finished top 5 if the AL had a 2nd half MVP.  

Edited by sportsfan8703