Which minor league players who won’t reach the majors in 2024 most interest you?

Frobby

We have a raft of guys who will start the year at Norfolk and are pretty likely to play at least some games in the majors this year.   But of the players who almost definitely won’t play in the majors, who will you be following most closely?

Basallo is the best of these, but the one I think I’ll be following most closely is Bradfield.  His trajectory will have a ton of impact on how the team plans for 2026 and beyond.  If he can hit at all decently, he’s the easy CF solution for the future.   But if he struggles, that could change a lot of things going forward.  

Seth Johnson - coming back from injury for a full season 

beavers - hopefully we see if the swing changes have sunk in anymore and he can compete in aaa

Bradfield - seeing if he can provide at least enough power to keep other teams honest once he gets to aa

lots of other pitchers - but largely bright and baumeister 

I'd say that handful of 4 or 5 stud DSL guys that were up in the FCL and Delmarva and towards the top of Tony's list.

This is the wave of talent I am really waiting for. Still probably about 3 years out before it crashes on our shores for the first time. The high tide has shown us Basallo (I think he reaches MLB this year), but you thought our Farm System was good now? Wait until we start getting 10 or so International sign studs on our AAA team each year.

I want to see how Tavera, DeLeon, Liranzo, Sosa, Arias, Almeyda, Marao, etc do this year. If half these guys can make it to Bowie, that would be awesome.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I'd say that handful of 4 or 5 stud DSL guys that were up in the FCL and Delmarva and towards the top of Tony's list.

This is the wave of talent I am really waiting for. Still probably about 3 years out before it crashes on our shores for the first time. The high tide has shown us Basallo (I think he reaches MLB this year), but you thought our Farm System was good now? Wait until we start getting 10 or so International sign studs on our AAA team each year.

I want to see how Tavera, DeLeon, Liranzo, Sosa, Arias, Almeyda, Marao, etc do this year. If half these guys can make it to Bowie, that would be awesome.

We’ll be very fortunate if one of those players make it to Bowie this year.  Basallo is the exception, not the rule.

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

We have a raft of guys who will start the year at Norfolk and are pretty likely to play at least some games in the majors this year.   But of the players who almost definitely won’t play in the majors, who will you be following most closely?

Basallo is the best of these, but the one I think I’ll be following most closely is Bradfield.  His trajectory will have a ton of impact on how the team plans for 2026 and beyond.  If he can hit at all decently, he’s the easy CF solution for the future.   But if he struggles, that could change a lot of things going forward.  

This is a great question. I'm very interested in who spends the bulk of the time at Bowie this year (succeeds /  struggles), and who leaves early (Basallo?) Bradfield's range of outcomes between a Mateo/McKenna type and Pierre / Lofton dream is one of the most intriguing storylines I'll be following. I'm flummoxed about our starting pitching prospects, no GRod predigree, but Bradish didn't have that expectation. As much fun as Jax, Mayo, Norby feathering into the Major League team will be, I'm going to be training a keen eye on the next wave. Ain't the beer cold.

Edited by Ridgway22

Bradfield, Tavera, Basallo... lions, and tigers, and bears...  Fun times for sure!

Follow the money theory puts Almeyda toward the top.

Baltimore positional need is CF:  Bradford. Tavera, Sosa.

David/Goliath has Pham with a puncher's chance.

Gotta see some pitching - DeLeon, Baumeister, Bright, Johnson...  How awesome would it be to see one or two these guys push their ceilings up to 60-65+?  These are who I'm most interested in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

Bradfield, Tavera, Basallo... lions, and tigers, and bears...  Fun times for sure!

Follow the money theory puts Almeyda toward the top.

David/Goliath has Pham with a puncher's chance.

Gotta see some pitching - DeLeon, Baumeister, Bright, Johnson...  How awesome would it be to see one or two these guys push their ceilings up to 60-65+?  These are who I'm most interested in.

I acknowledged it was hard to pick just one, but 10?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, btdart20 said:

I know Sosa has played a good bit of CF, but I think he’s more of a corner OF.  Per @Tony-OH:

“Defensively Sosa a good right fielder with a plus arm that fits there, but runs well enough and played an effective CF when given a chance. He most likely profiles to a corner outfield overall.”

Edited by Frobby

Well, Mayo is going to take over from Holliday as the best prospect in baseball some time this season...Basallo will take over from Mayo next year...so I'm interested in seeing who can step up and keep our grip on having the best prospect in baseball once Basallo gets to the majors.