Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

18 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Last I say on this.  My points and view on NC is what it is.  He would have been a great signing back then.  I said it then.  I say it now. 

Believe what you want.   I am not sure why people keep bringing this up in an off topic thread. 

I never deleted an account over it.   Ever.  Period.  End of story.    But I did get silenced. 

It's all searchable and you have shared so much.  It's odd that you refer to your "old" posts but not who you posted under at the time.

23 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Now that his elbow is healed, one of Jackson or Mayo surely has to be called up soon, no? 

I’d like to see Mayo first. I currently don’t have much faith in our 7 hole hitter Ryan Mountcastle.

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Mounty is becoming a bit concerning for me.

Love the guy and when he’s right, to me the most talented hitter on the roster. There is something off with him. We are used to the Mounty that can hit it 440 almost clearing both bullpens. He hit the ball on the screws against the Yankees and it went 95 MPH and 365 feet.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I’d like to see Mayo first. I currently don’t have much faith in our 7 hole hitter Ryan Mountcastle.

Also Mayo is right handed power bat something this lineup could use and it would be good to let him get adjusted right now. Mayo can be a weapon for this team in September if he gets acclimated to MLB pitching.

I'm not opposed to calling up both of them, but I don't think it's likely with the way the team proceeds carefully at promoting prospects.

6 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Love the guy and when he’s right, to me the most talented hitter on the roster. There is something off with him. We are used to the Mounty that can hit it 440 almost clearing both bullpens. He hit the ball on the screws against the Yankees and it went 95 MPH and 365 feet.

That doesn't sound like he really hit it on the screws at all.   I didn't see it, so I don't know, it sounds to me like he either mis-timed his swing, got it off the hands, or off the end of the bat. 

10 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

He's in the 81st percentile in exit velocity and 85th in hard-hit rate, this does not track with what your eyes told you on that batted ball. I'd bet he didn't get the barrel on it at all.

1 hour ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

As people below say, Mountcastle is who he is. He'll get hot later and end up somewhere around his current OPS or a 10 pts or so higher. That said, as I've suggested for a few months, I'd definitely look to package him for some sort of arm and let Mayo take over, as I really think between Mayo and giving Kjerstad more ABs we can totally cover his absence and give us a good shot as well at upgrading the performance level.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2024 at 2:15 PM, Bemorewins said:

Question, if we do not add a pitcher at the deadline who can credibly replace Burnes at the top of the rotation next year and if Burnes leaves in FA, how are we going to be better next year? Bradish won't be back until near the end of the season.

Do you think pitching is not that important to contention? Or do you think by adding Holliday and Mayo (and presumably subtracting Santander) we are going to out slug everyone? Do you think Grayson turns into a pitcher as good as Burnes next year? Something else?

You're assuming there will be noone to sign in the off-season. We signed Burns after the season was over. We can sign a #3 now, add another starter in the offseason and get back Bautista. Will Wells be back? We should grab another arm for the bullpen before the deadline. I wouldn't grab an ace that is on the fast track to Tommy John and lose what everyone the organization considers an iconic player for the next 15 years. Also consider the playoffs with so many teams is a crap shoot. It's not always having 3 great starters to win a series. It's how are they pitching when the playoffs start. 

4 minutes ago, BirdCakes22 said:

You're assuming there will be noone to sign in the off-season. We signed Burns after the season was over. 

Glad to hear that Joey Ortiz is back in the organization then...

14 minutes ago, BirdCakes22 said:

You're assuming there will be noone to sign in the off-season. We signed Burns after the season was over. We can sign a #3 now, add another starter in the offseason and get back Bautista. Will Wells be back? We should grab another arm for the bullpen before the deadline. I wouldn't grab an ace that is on the fast track to Tommy John and lose what everyone the organization considers an iconic player for the next 15 years. Also consider the playoffs with so many teams is a crap shoot. It's not always having 3 great starters to win a series. It's how are they pitching when the playoffs start. 

Huh???

We didn’t sign Corbin Burnes in the offseason. We traded Joey Ortiz, DL Hall and a draft pick for him.

Tyler Wells is out until late next year after having Tommy John surgery.

For the next 15 years??? Huh? You get 6 full years of team control with any player. My