2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Just now, Just Regular said:

Brandon Hyde 1-for-1 on the quote he gave out last night.    I will guess the number of occurrences of precisely the same lineup two consecutive games was single digits the last few years.

I wonder why we aren't talking about positional flexibility anymore..

It is interesting. We're two games into this apparent change in approach but it feels like a pretty significant philosophical change if it is in fact legitimate. Curious if there's an interesting backstory of a disagreement over how much positional movement was occurring or how much potential over-analysis may have been going into preparing the lineup. I don't necessarily think that's the case, but curious none-the-less.

3 hours ago, Brooks The Great said:

I'll agree to disagree on O'Hearn. There's nothing that will convince me that he's worth keeping Kjerstad blocked. You shouldn't block a bat like Kjerstad's with a platoon hitter. 

It’s not you who needs to be convinced.  Elias & co. have their own opinions of how productive Kjerstad is likely to be and how he fits in defensively.   

• Upvote 1

I love this lineup.   While there may be some incremental improvements we could make down the road depending on continued performance,  for what we currently have on the roster,  this is about as good as it can get.   I love that there are absolutely  ZERO black holes in the lineup.  

2 minutes ago, HandsomeQuack said:

So this is what, three straight non-starts for Hays? I don't disagree with it, but I do find it surprising.

I don't think he's 100 percent.  Otherwise, you would expect to see him in there defensively for Santander later in games. 

Either that or Sig's computer model no longer likes him.  

In comparing the starting outfielders, it's probably safe to say that he makes the worst swing decisions. 

Just now, ChuckS said:

I don't think he's 100 percent.  Otherwise, you would expect to see him in there defensively for Santander later in games. 

In comparing the starting outfielders, it's probably safe to say that he makes the worst swing decisions. 

Someone always wants to claim injury when Hays struggles.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Tomorrow against DL Hall, it'll be interesting to see who between Hays and Cowser they put in RF.

I figure we get DH Santander and O'Hearn in reserve starting the game.

Yeah I can't see them sitting Hays 3 games in a row. They'll probably DH Santander and put Cowser in RF. Although, they might feel more comfortable moving Hays around than Cowser so it's just a possible for Hays to be in RF. Looking forward to finding out.

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Tomorrow against DL Hall, it'll be interesting to see who between Hays and Cowser they put in RF.

I figure we get DH Santander and O'Hearn in reserve starting the game.

Will it be Holliday or Mateo?

9 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

Will it be Holliday or Mateo?

Mateo, surely, no? I have no idea why Holliday would start tomorrow other than it being his t-shirt / home debut night but I doubt that factors much into decisions...obviously he can come in when Hall comes out. 

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Someone always wants to claim injury when Hays struggles.

It doesn't appear unusual to you that he's the only starting outfielder who has been sitting regularly?

Santander and Mullins have been struggling as well. 

19 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Is Hays a better fielder than Santander?