2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Plum spot for Westburg facing off with Crochet - they are both Top 3 from the 2020 1st round in career rWAR to date.

Reid Detmers clinging to the lead with an early volume advantage - Bobby Miller and Patrick Bailey the only others with 2 WAR to date.

Spencer Strider late that draft has everybody about doubled for the moment.

21 hours ago, forphase1 said:

Why?  He didn't exactly with Kjerstad.  Based on how Urias has played, I don't think it's possible for him to get too rusty.  I know he's going to get playing time if he's on a roster as he's a vet and someone Hyde likes and respects.  But if Urias was a rookie he'd ride the pine or get sent back to AAA based on his performance to this point.  

Urias’ playing time of late has been very close to what Kjerstad got while he was up.  Kjerstad made 4 starts and played in 7 games out of 16.   In the last 16 games, Urias has made 4 starts and played in 5 games.  

Looks like a pretty lengthy delay getting this one started. Hefty rain in Chicago this morning moving out now but fairly slowly. Then a quick turnaround with the day game tomorrow - really getting into the grind now. 

22 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I'm surprised there are 3 right handers in a row. One might think puting Cowser at #8 would solve that issue.

We can just pinch hit if that part of the order comes up vs a tough RHP. Both Mullins and Stowers will be available. The R/L thing isn't as big of a deal when you have starters on the bench. 

9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Is Adley nursing a minor injury why is McCann playing catcher so much. Or is this a case of it’s the White Sox and the team is resting Adley’s knees against weaker competition. 

That's a great question. It definitely makes you wonder if something is wrong with Adley.

Batting Cowser 9th is kind of puzzling.

13 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Is Adley nursing a minor injury why is McCann playing catcher so much. Or is this a case of it’s the White Sox and the team is resting Adley’s knees against weaker competition. 

Did you miss where he fouled a ball off his foot yesterday? He hobbled around pretty good and the trainer had to come out. I doubt that feels very good today.

Just now, dystopia said:

Did you miss where he fouled a ball off his foot yesterday? He hobbled around pretty good and the trainer had to come out. I doubt that feels very good today.

I was on the road for part of the game that makes sense and today’s a get away game. 

6 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

That's a great question. It definitely makes you wonder if something is wrong with Adley.

Batting Cowser 9th is kind of puzzling.

Probably vs the lefty pitcher.

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think part of it is this stretch where we don't have any off days. When McCann started on Friday they said something like "McCann gets the start because Adley is starting a day game tomorrow".

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Didn't he also spike himself early in the game stepping on his own foot? Definitely a little dinged up yesterday. I had to listen to the radio broadcast and the Chicago guys were saying while he was catching something happened where he spiked himself on one foot.

Edited by Malike