2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Just now, Malike said:

The worst part of the lineup today was Irvin and it wasn't particularly close.

Right.  The boat has leaks.  Right now, the starting pitching has been awful.   Gotta hope Irvin is in a slump and gets out of it.  Suarez goes to the bullpen if and when Kremer comes back.  You could see it coming with Suarez.  No idea what’s going on with Irvin and GRod certainly didn’t have a good last turn.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Right.  The boat has leaks.  Right now, the starting pitching has been awful.   Gotta hope Irvin is in a slump and gets out of it.  Suarez goes to the bullpen if and when Kremer comes back.  You could see it coming with Suarez.  No idea what’s going on with Irvin and GRod certainly didn’t have a good last turn.

Tomorrow is a huge day for Grayson, imo. He needs to bounce back. I'm not talking about 8IP 0R, but he needs to not be terrible. You basically have your 1 and 3 starter at the start of the year in the 1 and 2 role, and 6, 7, and 8th starters pitching 3-5. Shaky ground right now.

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

Tomorrow is a huge day for Grayson, imo. He needs to bounce back. I'm not talking about 8IP 0R, but he needs to not be terrible. You basically have your 1 and 3 starter at the start of the year in the 1 and 2 role, and 6, 7, and 8th starters pitching 3-5. Shaky ground right now.

The way we’re going right now, if he pitches well we won’t score runs.  If we score runs he’ll get bombed.  That’s the way it feels right now.

3 hours ago, Malike said:

That was the weirdest part about his Houston start. He looked great and then all of a sudden he lost it. It's time for a table flipping.

12 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

i think something's up with Adley.  

Looking at the MiLB box scores this AM I saw at AAA Norfolk they had Banuelos starting.  He has never come back from the Taxi squad since his last 3 game stint.

Looking at the roster to see what C was gone and it is/was Handley. Handley was assigned to TS yesterday. 

They also don’t typically catch McCann back to back.  

so …if Adley isn’t 100% it isn’t his back or shoulders or legs or core… but maybe a precaution with his throwing arm/hand?  Not severe enough to limit his offense, but something they’re being cautious with the throwIng?

McCann can catch a couple more games. Is there all night games the home stand but if something happens to McCann, then Handley may get his taxi squad relief chance without needing to put him on the 40 or 26 man rosters making him susceptible to being DFA and exposed.

I remember a couple years ago they played Stowers in Toronto without him having to be put on the rosters.

3 minutes ago, CHIP said:

Looking at the MiLB box scores this AM I saw at AAA Norfolk they had Banuelos starting.  He has never come back from the Taxi squad since his last 3 game stint.

Looking at the roster to see what C was gone and it is/was Handley. Handley was assigned to TS yesterday. 

They also don’t typically catch McCann back to back.  

so …if Adley isn’t 100% it isn’t his back or shoulders or legs or core… but maybe a precaution with his throwing arm/hand?  Not severe enough to limit his offense, but something they’re being cautious with the throwIng?

McCann can catch a couple more games. Is there all night games the home stand but if something happens to McCann, then Handley may get his taxi squad relief chance without needing to put him on the 40 or 26 man rosters making him susceptible to being DFA and exposed.

I remember a couple years ago they played Stowers in Toronto without him having to be put on the rosters.

I thought I recalled him taking a ball to the sack a few games ago.

10 hours ago, Malike said:

I am not trying to be negative Nancy but Cleveland seems like a team Grayson will struggle with. They do not chase much and are contact oriented. 

24 minutes ago, Malike said:

Weren't the O's first last year? I don't recall them going very far then either. TEX was 22nd and AZ 27th last year they went pretty far.

Yeah, T-1st in average and 3rd in wRC+. Was posting it more to show the fact they have been pretty unclutch so far this year. They’re a much better team and offense than last year and I’ll take the better offense every time over a lesser offense that has been “clutch” in a smaller sample size. 

For example, Cleveland has been extremely clutch this year. According to their underlying production (Fangraphs BaseRuns) they would be expected to have scored 4.59 runs per game this year (they have actually scored 5.09). On top of that, they have over performed their xwOBA by more than any other team this year. So even that 4.59 number is much higher than it should be based off their quality of contact. I would not be surprised to see them have a bottom 10 offense in the second half. 

Edited by LGOrioles
  • Upvote 1