2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Would like to see then maybe not give Westburg a day off same day as Adley is off. But overall I get it. Brutal stretch lately and eve though we’re getting a day off finally, it’s just so they can travel across the country for the next run of games. We have a deep team so might as well use that depth as much as reasonable. And Adley being off makes a ton of sense if you saw the play last night where he got hit in the hand. That did not look good for a second there m, no surprise swelling etc would have him out

1 hour ago, The Goob said:

Santander just had the day off, Mullins has been great lately and they rightfully don't want Silent J playing LF in Camden

If Ryan O'Hearn played first tonight instead of DHing. You could DH Kjerstad against the RH Scherzer.

What do I know? Watch Mountcastle hit a bomb off of Mad Max tonight.

I am not usually a lineup complainer, but don't understand taking Westy out tonight, with Adley already on the bench.The Yankees are struggling, and we have a little momentum. It doesn't seem like we are putting the team in the best position to win. But Hyde must know things I am not seeing. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Malike said:

I'm not going to pretend this is 2018 Max Scherzer on the mound tonight so I'm not going to freak out about the lineup. It's his 2nd start of the season.

The Orioles can knock around Scherzer and lower the Rangers' asking price for him next month. 🙂

I think Scherzer has some pitching ability left, but like you said he older now and making his second start of the season. Even in Scherzer's prime the Orioles had some good outings against him.

2 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Adley's bruised hand from the foul ball last night are probably factoring him into getting the game off. I would have liked to seen Kjerstad in the lineup though. Maybe you give Mountcastle a night off and play O'Hearn at 1B with Kjerstad at DH.

You can always play Mouncastle later if a southpaw enters the game.

image.thumb.png.a6c7d700b2c6e8768247c678e12b5ea7.png

2 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

This is probably the weakest lineup that we can field. I guess we are trying to take it easy on Scherzer tonight? lol

I have no idea why Kjerstad wouldn't be playing again after yesterday.

Or, Westburg....he's easily become my favorite player because of his steadiness and versatility to hop from third to second without a drop off defensively. And he goes to RF with ease as a hitter which reminds me of myself back in the day.  🤠

6 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Or, Westburg....he's easily become my favorite player because of his steadiness and versatility to hop from third to second without a drop off defensively. And he goes to RF with ease as a hitter which reminds me of myself back in the day.  🤠

I love Jordan Westburg also. But you might want to check those defensive metrics. There is a precipitous drop off defensively when he has moved from from 3B to 2B. 

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

I love Jordan Westburg also. But you might want to check those defensive metrics. There is a precipitous drop off defensively when he has moved from from 3B to 2B. 

He’s better at 3B for sure, but I think that’s a result playing time. If he’s at 2B regularly I think you see the same caliber of defense over time. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I almost think Crochet should get his own thread as he’s monopolized this trade deadline thread.    my .02 cents. I doubt Elias will pay the price it will take to get him. He’s proven repeatedly he’s pretty conservative when it comes to trades and will not pay the overpay Getz has shown he wants for his players.
    • I don't know much about the Padres' market. Those other teams have much higher revenues than the Orioles, enabling them to bid higher. Sure, at any time some of them will  be limited or even disabled by existing payroll obligations, luxury tax concerns, or an unwillingness to spend because they don't think they're competitive. But all of them? The Dodgers are going to tell their fans that they really wanted to sign X to lead their pitching staff, but they got edged out by the Orioles? Maybe. I don't know much about the Padres' market. The Cardinals, despite being based in a small city, have two things going for them that give them revenues of a mid- to larger-market  team. (I think comparing revenues over a period of time is a much better way to measure teams' financial wherewithal.)  They are (1) a huge regional market that goes back over a century, with a size and strength that no team other than possibly the Red Sox has been able equal, and (2) the fact that St. Louisans (and people from that area) are crazy about baseball, I believe more so than any other city. St. Louis is a small city, but the Cardinals do not share the characteristics of a small-market team. 
    • I think it was Andy MacPhail who said grow the arms and buy the bats.  The O's had some bad luck with that strategy when guys like Adam Loewen and Hayden Penn were derailed by injury.  Obviously others just never panned out.   But I'm thinking they never took the strategy to its potential when they chose not to target and develop players from the Caribbean countries -- pitchers or position players.  Not to say that strategy definitely would have worked out if they had a greater presence in the Caribbean then, but they must have missed out on many promising arms.     
    • I think Scott McGregor, right now, may be a better starter than Irvin.
    • Year Age AgeDif Tm Lg Lev Aff W L W-L% ERA RA9 G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP H9 HR9 BB9 SO9 SO/W                                                                         2024 21 -2.1 Aberdeen SALL A+ BAL 1 2 .333 2.60 3.58 14 14 0 0 0 0 55.1 37 22 16 0 35 0 65 7 2 8 241 1.301 6.0 0.0 5.7 10.6 1.86   No HR's allowed through 55.1 Innings so far in Aberdeen. Not too shabby. Would like to see him start walking less batters though.
    • It's been disappointing how Dean has pitched in his rehab starts, but sometimes you gotta give a guy the benefit of the doubt and just assume he turns it back on when he's back up here. I think he's earned that, and I'm not even the biggest Kremer guy.  I say call him up, chuck Irvin in the pen, and go from there. 
    • Kremer can stay at Norfolk for the rest of the year if that is what Elias thinks is best for the team.   His rehab can go until July 15th.   And he can be optioned to Norfolk if that is the right thing to do. The question in front of Elias is:   Is Kremer ready to be a better starter than Irvin?
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now