2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Not surprised about Westburg, that was nasty on the HBP last night and it must be stiff as hell today I'd have to think.  Lucky its not worse.

Its a marathon, not a sprint, and I'm glad Adley is getting more bench days here and there (with the PH opportunity being out there as a bonus, like the game he sat in Chicago).  Its still only May and its a helluva schedule coming up, so now's a good a time as any to give him rest, even w/ Westburg out.

Watch this lineup score more than the 1 run a game that we typically score for Burnes.  Also, seeing Cowser in the cleanup spot should give us hope for Kjerstad.  Although, I don't think we'll live with Cowser in CF on a nightly basis over Mullins.  That's what it would take at this point to get Kjerstad up.  

Let's score some runs.

3rd time in a row for the Burnes-McCann battery.

Burnes did pitch May 12-17-22-27 last year, a string of turns on just 4 days rest.

The Astros got him for four of the 22 HR he yielded in the 2023 regular season in the third of those four games, but he was excellent in the last one.

14 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

It's going to be tough sledding today with this lineup against Boston's ace.

He's been a lot more hittable the last month or so. 4.66 ERA in May after a 1.35 in March/April. Hopefully we can keep that trend going. 

Do the Os put out the B lineup everytime Burnes pitches knowing that he will likely yield the fewest runs of all the guys on the staff? Or is it just how the rest days happen to fall?  Noticing a pattern.