2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Man the injury focus has been on the pitching staff, and rightfully so, but boy has our position player pool taken a hit too. You could make an argument that at least 5 of the players in the lineup shouldn’t even be on the team if all was well. It’s really gotten ugly. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dtk9119 said:

Today's lineup is peak 2024 Orioles... Eloy Jimenez batting cleanup and Emanuel Rivera batting 5th. No Rutschman again who should be a franchise everyday player. No Cowser in favor of Mullins which says they've soured on him vs LHP. At least Mayo is back.. all I got.

They haven’t soured on Cowser just because he’s got the day off. And I don’t know what you expect them to do at this point. Other than Adley who’s on the bench that you’d rather see vs a LH starter?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Today's lineup is peak 2024 Orioles... Eloy Jimenez batting cleanup and Emanuel Rivera batting 5th. No Rutschman again who should be a franchise everyday player. No Cowser in favor of Mullins which says they've soured on him vs LHP. At least Mayo is back.. all I got.

lol…it doesn’t say they have soured on Cowser vs lefties…it says they are just giving him a day off, which he hasn’t had in a while.

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Anybody looking at the White Sox series and assuming a sweep needs to take a long look at this lineup. This is not a roster than can take any game for granted, even against a historically bad team.  

I honestly think we lose at least one of the games against the White Sox. We have sucked against terrible teams lately.

6 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Anybody looking at the White Sox series and assuming a sweep needs to take a long look at this lineup. This is not a roster than can take any game for granted, even against a historically bad team.  

Cowser, OHearn and Adley will be in those lineups though.

Be really nice if Kjerstad was healthy (for so many reasons obviously).

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Cowser, OHearn and Adley will be in those lineups though.

Be really nice if Kjerstad was healthy (for so many reasons obviously).

True on those three. Unless Crochet starts one of them, I haven’t checked that. Agree on Kjerstad for sure. Underrated injury there among the many many we are more focused on. 

4 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I honestly think we lose at least one of the games against the White Sox. We have sucked against terrible teams lately.

I think so too though I’m not as down on the team as some others. When’s the last time we even won three in a row, let alone swept one team?  No long losing streaks but no winning streaks that would make even Jim Hunter notice either. So hopefully we win today, and if so, we’d be ‘expecting’ a four game win streak.Sure hope it happens and a month ago would feel good about it, but I just see zero reason to expect it as of now.

On top of the myriad injury issues we’ve had, we now just lost our hottest hitter on top of it; who had already replaced one of our best players. At some point it’s just too much to overcome and excel. Treading water is the only reasonable goal. 

21 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Why would they sour on Cowser vs a lefty but not Mullins.  It says they are getting guys a days rest.  Cowser has started every game since the all star break I believe so he is do a days rest.