3/30 vs Angels.

Satyr3206

Just now, Philip said:

I just went to halos heaven to check on the fan reaction, and I was really disappointed to find out that that website has apparently been abandoned. They haven’t posted anything in two years. That makes me really sad.
Every team has fans, and places like Orioles hangout or even Camden chat are good for the team,they’re good for baseball.

makes me sad, even when we were terrible we were still here.

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/forum/11-la-angels-mlb-daily/

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I just went to halos heaven to check on the fan reaction, and I was really disappointed to find out that that website has apparently been abandoned. They haven’t posted anything in two years. That makes me really sad.
Every team has fans, and places like Orioles hangout or even Camden chat are good for the team,they’re good for baseball.

makes me sad, even when we were terrible we were still here.

https://www.angelswin.com/forums/topic/55004-gameday-thread-33024-1pm-pacific-angels-orioles-canning-on-the-mound/

• Upvote 1

Well, if he was going to improve, we won't see it now. 

I was just going to ask if he'd lost velocity or command or both, in Spring Training. 

Looks like his extra weight to build up his core only ended up hindering his flexibility.   Boo. 

I gotta be totally honest.   I try never to leave early.   But in a 13-2 game in the 9th with a pitcher injury delay and just 3 more outs to get, if I was there, I would probably be heading for the exit right now.

5 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

On June 11, 2023 vs. Kansas City, Gunnar Henderson was a triple shy of the cycle.

On August 20, 2023 at Oakland, Gunnar Henderson was a single shy of the cycle.

On September 8, 2023 at Boston, Gunnar Henderson was a home run shy of the cycle.

Today, March 30, 2024 vs. LA, Gunnar Henderson is a double shy of the cycle.

I need to know if anyone else in baseball history has completed the "shy of the cycle" cycle in a calendar year. Who do I email? 

I remember the one in Oakland he was a single shy of the cycle and then rocketed a ball in a gap and ran to second when he could have pulled up for the cycle. They asked him about it post game and he said something like "I thought about it but you know I'd rather play hard andll let a cycle come naturally" or something to that effect.  I think SABR started calling 4 XBH including a double, triple, and HR a quasi-cycle, and they're quite a bit rarer than regular cycles.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I gotta be totally honest.   I try never to leave early.   But in a 13-2 game in the 9th with a pitcher injury delay and just 3 more outs to get, if I was there, I would probably be heading for the exit right now.

Especially with the rain. 

I gotta say, I do not miss the rain!