Dillon Tate 2024

Jagwar

1 hour ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

He should be cut....ASAP.

If not?  You use him for 1...maybe 2 outs.  But I honestly cannot think of an O's pitcher who consistently pitches who instills less confidence in me than this guy.  And I was alive through the Sammie Stewart days.

He is horrible.

Webb was terrible too.  I guess he should be cut too and Cano should be sent packing because he's had some bad appearances.  Of course don't forget about everyone's whipping boy, Akin.  Who did I leave out?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

He should be cut....ASAP.

If not?  You use him for 1...maybe 2 outs.  But I honestly cannot think of an O's pitcher who consistently pitches who instills less confidence in me than this guy.  And I was alive through the Sammie Stewart days.

He is horrible.

You’re implying that Sammy Stewart was horrible?     One of the best relievers in Oriole history.   Really?

He has given up earned runs in 2 of his 12 appearances since coming back up after last night so he has been pretty good.  He gives up a lot of contact which is his major downfall even if most is on the ground.  He is a decent 6th or 7th inning guy that can help the team if given the right part of the lineup since right handers have .564 ops vs him.  Webb was so bad it pushed Tate to the part with lot of lefties which isn’t ideal.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Are you trying to argue that Tate is good?

The O's don't have a single dominant arm on the bullpen, but compared to someone like Webb I would call him good.  O's need to pray Coulombe is back and healthy for the playoffs and add 1 more dominant back end arm.  The O's pen is full of question marks.