John Means 2024

Tony-OH

4 hours ago, yark14 said:

It's not a terrible idea.  Minor league deal for 2025 with a low-priced team option for 2026.  Could be a chance we get him down the stretch next year and have him fairly cheap the following year if the 2nd surgery goes better and he gets back to form.

Means is an awesome dude, really pulling for him.

Its actually a good idea because if we don't do it someone else will. Hes a FA after this year so don't know what the price will be, but should not be much

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

I guess he will have the not an employee of the organization thing happen when the contract expires after the season.

Too far in the weeds for me to know, but I hope something in the CBA provides Means access to something more than home cooking his rehab come Thanksgiving.

He's been paying an agent right?

Boras has facilities.

5 hours ago, Safelykept said:

Its actually a good idea because if we don't do it someone else will. Hes a FA after this year so don't know what the price will be, but should not be much

Yeah, no reason that can't be the O's offering that. He's been productive even in between surgeries. Expect nothing from him of course. But that's why he would be like SP8 instead of SP5. 

He will likely get offered some incentive ladened contract that will of little risk to the team but offers a chance for Means to rehabilitate with a team, likely the Orioles.