Creed Willems 2024

yark14

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

A year or two ago Elias said something to the effect of liking to promote a guy later in the season so he can get a taste of the competition, experience struggles/failure, and have something to work for in the offseason.  Maybe that's what we're seeing here.

Except he wasn’t promoted late in the season last year.

His first game with Aberdeen last year was May 30.

Edited by RZNJ

21 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yea.  I think Creed was so hot the first two months in Delmarva that they wanted to promote him quickly after his first taste of sustained success since he was repeating the level.  

I'd like to see him get AT LEAST half a season in Aberdeen regardless of his performance.  I wouldn't object to him playing the whole season in Aberdeen either. 

On 4/16/2024 at 11:12 AM, Jim'sKid26 said:

What do we know about his current catch and throw skills? My recollection is that he was not a defensive wizard as a youngster. Have these improved? I also recall some questions about conditioning and the ability to be behind the plate during the Dog Days of summer. 

He's an excellent blocker, I've never seen any red flags with his receiving, and he threw out 35% of base stealers last year in Aberdeen (this year has not been good so far). He's a solid defensive catcher in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I knew he was there for a more than a few weeks, but didn't think it was a few months.

20 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Yea.  I think Creed was so hot the first two months in Delmarva that they wanted to promote him quickly after his first taste of sustained success since he was repeating the level.  

I'd like to see him get AT LEAST half a season in Aberdeen regardless of his performance.  I wouldn't object to him playing the whole season in Aberdeen either. 

I’d rather see him promoted to Bowie midseason if he’s performing well.  No point in getting ahead of ourselves though.  It’s been 8 games.  

22 hours ago, doccat said:

I'm a thumbs down on the mullet....  

I'd prefer the ZZ Top type beard- that'd be quite a look...

Mullets are awesome.  If you are lucky enough to be born looking almost exactly like Kenny Powers, you have an obligation to uphold it.

kenny-powers-eastbound-and-down.gif

• Upvote 1