4/12 vs. Brewers: Holiday’s Home Debut

ArtVanDelay

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

So what have we learned today:

1. Holliday is a bust

2. Corbin Burnes is not a team player and a douche.

3. Tyler Wells is the second coming of Adam Eaton

4. Everyone besides Cowser sucks

Did I miss any other overreactions? 😁

I saw the Corbin Burnes interview and just want everyone to know he was NOT being a douche.  The interviewer was pushing him to talk about the troubles of changing teams and not knowing peoples names.  Burnes did nothing wrong and said nothing wrong.  

• Upvote 1

I pause for 2 hrs only to come back to this train wreck. Heasley better be gone tomorrow when that new pitcher they claimed arrives.

And the incessant whining about Holiday continues..

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Alex Faust is way better than Kevin Brown. Smooth delivery, nice voice, doesn’t try too much, no pop culture references, no sarcastic tone, no smugness, never tries to be too cute or clever. 

He used the word "former" way too many times.  😆

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I saw the Corbin Burnes interview and just want everyone to know he was NOT being a douche.  The interviewer was pushing him to talk about the troubles of changing teams and not knowing peoples names.  Burnes did nothing wrong and said nothing wrong.  

It was a great interview. Anyone who thinks Brunes was a douche based on that interview, they just want to be a douche.

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

For someone that had pinpoint strike zone awareness in the minors he's sure swinging at a lot of junk.

This is why I never understand why people equate minor league stats to what they think a player will do against more talented Major League pitching. That, and there's alot of pressure with the expectations people place on you.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, 86this said:

He used the word "former" way too many times.  😆

He also said 2023 was “only the 6th 100-win season for the Orioles.”

Many teams have 0 100-win seasons including the Blue Jays and the Pirates who have been around for 1000 years. 

Edited by ArtVanDelay

1 minute ago, Hallas said:

For someone that had pinpoint strike zone awareness in the minors he's sure swinging at a lot of junk.

He's being pitched backwards and hasn't seen a ton of fastballs. Every pitchers seems to be pitching him like they don't want to give up his first hit. He's looked bad, but right now he's just getting his pee pee spanked a bit by major league pitchers. 

He's get it. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Great post and pretty much the same as what I have been saying about JH.  I still think he will be a very good player.  I just don't see elite ELITE in him.   And I think because he was 1 and 1 and blew through the minors so quickly, many just assume he will be the next superstar in MLB.    But as I have said before, he doesn't flash to me like a superstar should.  He performs well, but more so because he is just a really good baseball player, not because he is a freak athletically.   A special special player should not look like he did this spring with the Os.   He was overwhelmed in all aspects.  As he gets older he can gain experience and I am sure he will come back up and look better.  But superstar?  Not imo.  Meanwhile in relation to the second post that you made about JH versus GH, again we agree and this is the exact same as what I have been saying since I first really saw GH play when they brought him up 2 years ago.  He flashes more than the sirens at a 5 alarm fire.   Hitting.  Power.  Speed.  Defense.   Intense desire to win.  Leadership.  I see it all.  He makes plays and does athletic things that JH can only dream about.  And the reason why?  He is a superb....as in extra special athlete.  Not just baseball player.   And that is why I think, as long as he stays healthy, he has the capability to go down as one of the greatest players of all time. 
    • Probably not, as to your question.    That’s 3 top ten picks in our system and Kjerstad is top 25 on many sites.   You think they can do better?
    • I’d rather we get a buy low candidate or 2 at the deadline like Trevor Rogers and make a meaningful trade in the offseason when the leverage is less balance towards the seller.
    • Ok, I’m just curious why?   Fedde is signed at 7.5M for next year and has been a very solid #2-#3 type starter this year.  McDermott is most likely a reliever.  Chace has talent but has control issues as well.  Bradfield needs to hit.  Is Bradfield the biggest deterrent or just the whole thing?
    • If the arm is an issue then CF makes less sense than 2B, given defense is such a priority. Of if CF is such a priority need for us, then just trade him as a 2B for someone else's star young CFer.
    • I disagree on Means.   I think it was perfectly reasonable to expect that by the end of the season and in the playoffs we would have a good John Means in the top 3 of our rotation.     Peak Means?   I don't know about that.   But certainly a servicable Means.   While there are pitchers that have had two Tommy John's, it is very rare that the second one pops up as quickly as his did.   Most are aeparated by years.   We knew at the start of the year that he was behind in prep for the season, and certainly it was reasonable to expect that we might not have him for much of the first 2-3 months of the season.     But anticipating a 2nd Tommy John?   I don't think so.
    • I think his upside in pay would be higher as a CFer vs second base but that’s purely speculative on my part. I just think CF makes more sense for us because of the personnel we have.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now