Saturday is Burnes Day vs the Royals

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I thought the peak was about 30? If it’s 26, that would suggest Adley is already starting his downhill.
    • I feel like this team may be a little older than the past teams. Definitely a good start for the hitters. We normally get trounced in this league.
    • You will see a good pitcher no matter what. We have the #3 pitching staff in MLB and guys are pitching well from top to bottom of the rotation. 
    • Well being honest....it is hard not to.  They were that bad.   Although for me I thought he looked just as bad in the field.   It was almost as if he had never played baseball before.  At times he could barely throw to first base. 
    • At least we now know he has pro-grade HR power. Aberdeen's a tough park to hit them out and he cleared the fence easily. Im encouraged.
    • What can we get for him in a trade? Does he even have any trade value remaining?
    • To put things into context, Jackson has so far an .898 OPS at AAA in his age 20 season (he started the season at over 1.000 before his call-up, I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that going up and struggling might've had some effect on his numbers afterwards).  Mayo at age 20 had a .782 OPS between A+ and AA. Basallo will turn 20 in 60 days. He's about 2/3 of a year younger than Holliday. In his age 19 season he currently has an .810 OPS in AA. In Jackson's age 19 season he had a .928 OPS at Bowie before moving on to AAA where he OPS'd .796 in 91 PA.  Unless there is important statistic evidence suggesting that ISO at the minor league level is a more important indicator of future success than say wRC+ or OPS (and if this were true, we should be encouraged by the fact that Jackson has gone from a .176 ISO--.133 at the same level--to .196 ISO from age 19 to 20) I don't really see any argument for putting Basallo or Mayo above them. With all due respect--because I think you are putting forth some interesting points and almost convinced me before I did this little exercise--I think you are likely subconsciously being affected too strongly by Jackson's 36 PA at the ML level. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now