2024 Astros

Just Regular

I thought Verlander's personal Opening Day leading off the DC series might be a springboard, but the Nationals ended up winning Saturday and Sunday to give the fans lots of warm and fuzzy 2019 memories.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-astros-are-rapidly-digging-their-hole-deeper-and-deeper/

Szymborski speculates with the early SP injury stack they might need to be the ones to push early for a Marlins starter.

Lot of interesting Arms here if it ends up running entirely off the rails.

Just had a glance to check out why the Astros have been so bad, and it boils down to (1) league-worst 5.10 ERA, and (2) very good offensive stats that translate to just average run scoring due to poor RISP numbers.  

Abreu has started the year off horrible.  I haven't seen him play, but his numbers are Holliday callup bad.  .244 OPS.  They aren't the offensive juggernaut they used to be.  I don't think top pitchers would fear anyone in that lineup other than Tucker.  I think Rangers are the best team in the division, but it could wind up a race between Astros and Mariners for 2nd place.