College Baseball Season Thread

Since I moved to Oregon about 5 years ago I have been following college baseball more closely. As you know, Oregon State had a nice little run in winning back to back CWS titles. It's a pretty amazing accomplishment since most of their roster is homegrown and considering how much it rains in the northwest. Their games are a lot of fun especially since they've upgraded their stadium.

Just this year is the University of Oregon's first year of baseball in about 30 years. I'll give them credit for going BIG though. In finding a head coach they go out and steal George Horton from CS Fullerton and give him the richest contract in college baseball. Oregon has virtually unlimited resources due to Phil Knight's backing and has the best overall athletic facilities I've ever seen.

Baseball is "big time" out here in the Pacific Northwest.

Since I moved to Oregon about 5 years ago I have been following college baseball more closely. As you know, Oregon State had a nice little run in winning back to back CWS titles. It's a pretty amazing accomplishment since most of their roster is homegrown and considering how much it rains in the northwest. Their games are a lot of fun especially since they've upgraded their stadium.

Just this year is the University of Oregon's first year of baseball in about 30 years. I'll give them credit for going BIG though. In finding a head coach they go out and steal George Horton from CS Fullerton and give him the richest contract in college baseball. Oregon has virtually unlimited resources due to Phil Knight's backing and has the best overall athletic facilities I've ever seen.

Baseball is "big time" out here in the Pacific Northwest.

THough he's a pretty safe bet to be drafted and signed, Tyler Matzek is also an Orgeon commit. That program should be fun to follow.

THough he's a pretty safe bet to be drafted and signed, Tyler Matzek is also an Orgeon commit. That program should be fun to follow.

Hopefully Nike doesn't decide to use the baseball team as a testing ground for new unis like they do with the football team. I don't want to see "lightning yellow" running around the bases anytime soon.

Hopefully Nike doesn't decide to use the baseball team as a testing ground for new unis like they do with the football team. I don't want to see "lightning yellow" running around the bases anytime soon.

I'm no fashionista, but given the color scheme I'd go with unis that resemble Oakland's. Black alternate jerseys.

Archived