Is Hyde/Sigbot burying another prospect?

Tony-OH

4 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

He hit .302 with an .880 OPS last year vs Lefties, but once again the Orioles just think lefties can't hit lefties. 

Maybe he should DH in place of O'Hearn vs lefties 

I like this idea, but it seems they end up playing Adley at DH and McCann catching against LHP.

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I think Kjerstad gets in the game today vs a RHP one way or another. Could be Cowser in CF or (most likely) Santander on the bench. Both look like they could use some rest. Probably makes sense to rest Mullins vs LHP tomorrow and start McKenna or Mateo in CF. 

Nailed it. Kjerstad in, Santander to the bench today.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Nailed it. Kjerstad in, Santander to the bench today.

Good call. Tony has looked a little lost up there. He faked me out with a few hot games earlier in the month, but then went kind of ice cold again. 

33 minutes ago, interloper said:

Good call. Tony has looked a little lost up there. He faked me out with a few hot games earlier in the month, but then went kind of ice cold again. 

I don't mind the occasional slump but I felt his final swing last night he just looked mentally defeated. At that point it's time to sit and get a reset.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't mind the occasional slump but I felt his final swing last night he just looked mentally defeated. At that point it's time to sit and get a reset.

Man wish I could sense mental defeat via swing analysis. 

Sounds like it be useful for prop betting.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The thing I find the most interesting is this is among the best months of April he's had and here we are saying he's toast.

I just caught up on this thread, feel like I’m watching Dallas and hoping Bobby will be stepping out of shower any minute now.  

I agree about HK getting buried.  It is frustrating but so was watching Holiday struggle and not get a day off.

As for Sigbot, if there’s a chance that it’s making the call at bat to at bat, I sure hope it says drill Soto at some point.  FWIW that was self deprecating humor from another thread where many disagreed with me (ducks looking for chairs being thrown). 

26 minutes ago, Malike said:

The thing I find the most interesting is this is among the best months of April he's had and here we are saying he's toast.

A lot of players have significant hot and cold stretches.

He's one of them.

1 hour ago, Malike said:

I didn't say that, only that he could use a day off and why not since Kjerstad is here 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

My eye test has about 17 metrics. More advanced than statcast actually.

Heston missed a 2-0 meatball, but crushed the next pitch for a single. He also had a nice sliding catch in the field. We’re facing a string of lefties, and we have some off days, so he might only start 2 times in the next 9 days because of that. 

It is what it is. No knock on big Heston. He’s a part of our future. We’re just playing winning baseball and need to win each game. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Heston missed a 2-0 meatball, but crushed the next pitch for a single. He also had a nice sliding catch in the field. We’re facing a string of lefties, and we have some off days, so he might only start 2 times in the next 9 days because of that. 

It is what it is. No knock on big Heston. He’s a part of our future. We’re just playing winning baseball and need to win each game. 

I thought the sliding catch was a play he made look much harder than it should have been.   

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I thought the sliding catch was a play he made look much harder than it should have been.   

Catch probability agrees with you making it a 99% probability (1-star). Looked like he may have gotten a late start and ran a bit of an arc route.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sporty-videos?playId=0e505f0b-93d7-464d-8229-b5314df13752

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I’d like to see Kjerstad start tomorrow with righty Hunter Greene on the mound.

Kjerstad started for Santander Wednesday so pretty much no chance Santander gets another day of rest this fast so I could see a scenario where Kjerstad plays for Cowser who has been ice cold the past week+ both offensively and defensively.

Reds have a small park so it’s not as if Kjerstad would have to cover a ton of extra ground if he was to start in left.

• Upvote 1