Kyle Bradish 2024

RVAOsFan

9 hours ago, LGOrioles said:

There’s still multiple good options out there. Kikuchi, Luzardo, and Fedde

I have seen nothing from Mike Elias in the last half decade that makes me think he would make a significant trade of his cherished prospect capital within the division. 

And Luzardo has "Erik Bedard" written all over him, IMO.

This year's SP trade market kind of sucks.

5 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I have seen nothing from Mike Elias in the last half decade that makes me think he would make a significant trade of his cherished prospect capital within the division. 

And Luzardo has "Erik Bedard" written all over him, IMO.

This year's SP trade market kind of sucks.

And Luzardo has "Erik Bedard" written all over him, IMO. Not to mention John Means, Tyler Wells, possibly Bradish and dozens of other pitchers. They are 10 games up in the wildcard, It's next guy up, next waiver claim up and next month next trade up.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

And Luzardo has "Erik Bedard" written all over him, IMO. Not to mention John Means, Tyler Wells, possibly Bradish and dozens of other pitchers. They are 10 games up in the wildcard, It's next guy up, next waiver claim up and next month next trade up.

I tend to agree with us. Even though I think this is a good opportunity because we  have  Burnes. I would roll with the starters we have. And I would find a strong back of the bullpen type of arm. I am probably stronger on the bullpen than most people. I think now that Cano is throwing a four.seamer he is going to be much more dominant.  

3 hours ago, baltfan said:

I tend to agree with us. Even though I think this is a good opportunity because we  have  Burnes. I would roll with the starters we have. And I would find a strong back of the bullpen type of arm. I am probably stronger on the bullpen than most people. I think now that Cano is throwing a four.seamer he is going to be much more dominant.  

I wish I had your faith in Cano, he couldn't even get 3 outs last night.

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Bradish to the 15 Day IL.

we will have to see how it goes.  best case he is out a month but .. you know what the likely situation is.  if we have a Elias press conference/talk to the media soon we know it will not be good wrt Kyle

Just now, mddisney said:

we will have to see how it goes.  best case he is out a month but .. you know what the likely situation is.  if we have a Elias press conference/talk to the media soon we know it will not be good wrt Kyle

I'm getting the feeling we won't see him in an Orioles uniform again this season. Best case is what you said Bradish returns after the all star break.

Elias has his work cut out for him the Orioles need starting pitching and bullpen help.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm getting the feeling we won't see him in an Orioles uniform again this season. Best case is what you said Bradish returns after the all star break.

Elias has his work cut out for him the Orioles need starting pitching and bullpen help.

If you are Elias who do you trade?  I would not trade anyone in the top 5 prospects unless you get back someone with 3 yrs of team controls that is similar to Bradish.  So, my prediction is we go with what we have an hope Povich keeps producing.  I would trade Kjerstadt/Norby and that is likely as high as I would go... I would not trade Mayo, SB, Povich, Holliday

13 minutes ago, Malike said:

I wish I had your faith in Cano, he couldn't even get 3 outs last night.

Dombrowski's roster being more polished than Elias - one of the ways it surfaces watching these two teams is who would Cano or Coulombe be in their bullpen?

Dombrowski basically relegated Kimbrel off his roster - it is pretty rare for him not to procure the services of a top player he cares about having.

Even though Cano and Coulombe have had big success here, same basic deal with Minnesota.     They'll be bringing Griffin Jax and Jhoan Duran and maybe Brock Stewart behind Pablo and Ryan in a series where anything other than your 4-5 best pitchers may not matter.

I'd say it's a long shot that Bradish is back this year, unfortunately.

The frustrating thing is, Elias knew Bradish and Means were iffy to go a whole season and he chose to not be very aggressive in picking up starters. I mean it's great we got Burnes as rental but he should have known it wasn't enough.

2 hours ago, mddisney said:

If you are Elias who do you trade?  I would not trade anyone in the top 5 prospects unless you get back someone with 3 yrs of team controls that is similar to Bradish.  So, my prediction is we go with what we have an hope Povich keeps producing.  I would trade Kjerstadt/Norby and that is likely as high as I would go... I would not trade Mayo, SB, Povich, Holliday

I would consider trading one or two of Kjerstad, Stowers, Cowser, and Norby.  

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

I would consider trading one or two of Kjerstad, Stowers, Cowser, and Norby.  

I wouldn't trade Cowser.  Any of the others I would.

One thing that gives me hope is Bradish never really seemed to lose his velocity and spin yesterday.  With Means and a couple others they did when they started shaking their arm.