McKenna 2024

KJLyon

23 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Developing situation with Hays-McKenna?

The only situation I want to develop with McKenna is a nice dram of 10 year BIB. We can get rid of pop-up droppin, bag over-slidin, bad-route taking Ryan any day now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I guess I'm not quite convinced that Hays is done offensively as some of you are. I do think he's probably betters suited as a 4th outfielder, but he's a 4th outfielder that should still start 2-3 times a week.

I don't know if he's "done" but I think the valleys are too long and the peaks aren't enough.聽 I agree he's a 4th outfielder, whether or not he's accepting of that role remains to be seen.聽聽

All I know is that I'd rather see Cowser getting the majority of starts in LF moving forward when Hays comes back.

57 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

Whole package, I'm not so sure about that. I'll agree that McKenna's bat has been better lately. I can't say that about defense. You are always confident in Hays on defense.

Here's that linedrive play. I thought in the moment and I think now that with the correct line, Santander makes this catch because he's taller than McKenna. I've believed for a long time that height is an untalked about attribute with OFers.

https://www.mlb.com/video/luis-garcia-jr-doubles-9-on-a-sharp-line-drive-to-right-fielder-ryan-mcke?partnerId=web_video-playback-page_video-share

Yeah, this wasn't a good play for McKenna.聽 Santander isn't a slouch out there, I don't know if he needs to be subbed for on defense or not.

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know if he's "done" but I think the valleys are too long and the peaks aren't enough.聽 I agree he's a 4th outfielder, whether or not he's accepting of that role remains to be seen.聽聽

All I know is that I'd rather see Cowser getting the majority of starts in LF moving forward when Hays comes back.

This.聽

Cowser should be out there every day starting in LF, Hays should simply slide into McKenna's role and be a late inning defensive replacement and / or back up Mullins in CF vs LHP.

McKenna should be DFA'd and back to AAA where I guess we won't see him again until September barring any future OF injuries.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...