Kremer is due for Regression

OP may be trolling or just doing a dumb reverse jinx joke, but Kremer does have a 5.74 xERA on the season. He’s doing ok on K/BB, whiffs and chase so he’ll probably be ok, but he is giving up a lot of hard contact and tons of barrels. His xFIP is 3.92 and that’s still more predictive in this sample, but he can’t keep giving up hard contact like he’s pitching against the Orioles lineup every game.

With Irvin pitching really well and Means lights out yesterday, I do think Kremer is more at risk of a numbers-game option to AAA if Grayson is able to come back soon and Kremer’s not straightened his contact quality numbers out. Povich is also lurking as a possibility to force a call up if he puts up another ~5 starts as dominant as his start to the season has been. Possibly they will consider going to a 6-man rotation for some period of time as well.

1 hour ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

OP may be trolling or just doing a dumb reverse jinx joke, but Kremer does have a 5.74 xERA on the season. He’s doing ok on K/BB, whiffs and chase so he’ll probably be ok, but he is giving up a lot of hard contact and tons of barrels. His xFIP is 3.92 and that’s still more predictive in this sample, but he can’t keep giving up hard contact like he’s pitching against the Orioles lineup every game.

With Irvin pitching really well and Means lights out yesterday, I do think Kremer is more at risk of a numbers-game option to AAA if Grayson is able to come back soon and Kremer’s not straightened his contact quality numbers out. Povich is also lurking as a possibility to force a call up if he puts up another ~5 starts as dominant as his start to the season has been. Possibly they will consider going to a 6-man rotation for some period of time as well.

image.thumb.png.a4dfd10d2174353a6c8f2eaa0ec56fe1.png

Besides not walking many guys, I agree, Kremer has been getting pretty "lucky" so far this year. He's a bit of a gamer though and he's typically outperformed his expected stats. 

Either way, I agree, he's needs to keep pitching well or could have some risk to being options for no other reason than to lose a pitcher.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

What's this based on?

I wouldn't flame away if you actually pointed to some peripherals to try and support your argument.  But it's a dildo post without that.  

@Moose Milligan, to the best of your ability would you define a "dildo post?" It helps we follow the thread better instead of letting my mind wander to places where my browser history might embarrass me.

Edited by Jim'sKid26
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

@Moose Milligan, to the best of your ability would you define a "dildo post?" It helps we follow the thread better instead of letting my mind wander to places where my browser history might embarrass me.

Making arguments/claims without supporting why you think that way.  

Should’ve called it a double headed dildo post. Let your mind wander even more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Making arguments/claims without supporting why you think that way.  

Should’ve called it a double headed dildo post. Let your mind wander even more. 

I call those Dirty Bird posts

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Besides not walking many guys, I agree, Kremer has been getting pretty "lucky" so far this year. He's a bit of a gamer though and he's typically outperformed his expected stats. 

Either way, I agree, he's needs to keep pitching well or could have some risk to being options for no other reason than to lose a pitcher.

Dean really is a gamer. I love the intensity he brings on the mound. I don't want him starting any more playoff games, but he's a legit bottom of the rotation starter. 

And he's been more valuable than Machado was in a few months for the Dodgers, so I guess Dan won that trade in the end 😁

Anyone else notice Kremer shaking his hand or fingers the last couple games and looking like he’s in pain?  I’m surprised Ben and Kevin didn’t pick up on it today.  It looked obvious to me.

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Anyone else notice Kremer shaking his hand or fingers the last couple games and looking like he’s in pain?  I’m surprised Ben and Kevin didn’t pick up on it today.  It looked obvious to me.

I wondered about that too.  Maybe he'll take his turn on the IL when Grayson is ready to return.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

@Moose Milligan, to the best of your ability would you define a "dildo post?" It helps we follow the thread better instead of letting my mind wander to places where my browser history might tembarrass me.

This is a family website or I would suggest there should be a Moose specific emoji to flag dildo posts.