The Blue Jays Series

18 hours ago, potota_bread said:

No, that was the playoffs. This streak is for the regular season. No one has to stop with it because you are crying about it.  It will end when the regular season streak ends.

Right you must be so proud to pound your chest to only be swept when it actually matters

On 5/14/2024 at 12:38 PM, CallMeBrooksie said:

My guess is both games will get played. Tomorrow looks to be trending drier by game-time.

I'll take 1/2 on my forecast. Was a tricky one. Still think they could have played yesterday evening if they needed to.

23 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

The streak ended in the fall, people need to stop with the stupid streak

22 hours ago, potota_bread said:

No, that was the playoffs. This streak is for the regular season. No one has to stop with it because you are crying about it.  It will end when the regular season streak ends.

It is a regular season streak.   But I take no joy in celebrating it.  It rings hollow for me.  A reminder of the time we actually WERE swept and it happened when it mattered the most.  

Wow, thats some wild company to be in.  Pinch hit grand slam from Ozzie Virgil?  Pretty sure that guy wasn't a big time power hitter.  Walkoffs on Sandy Koufax and an inside the parker from Reggie?  Those are games I'd love to have seen.

Posted (edited)

In case anyone wants to see it...1983, Joe Morgan/Ozzie Virgil I'm assuming Phillies fans thought that they were a team of destiny on that day.  

Broadcaster takes a swipe at Frank Robinson's managing skills, too.

Edited by Moose Milligan