Wednesday, May 22, approximately 1:45: Regularly Scheduled Game vs Cardinals, sweepless streak on the line

SteveA

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Bring up Kjerstad, Norby, not Jackson, and actually play them and Stowers. It cant be any worse. Hays sucks, Mullins sucks, Cowser sucks, Tony sucks. Our entire OF can be replaced by something else. 

I agree it's time for a major shake up. No more tweaking around the edges.

Just now, LGOrioles said:

That’s 3 XBH’s in the last 31 innings by my count. Last 3 batters in that inning had 2-0 counts. Santander popped up a pitch right down the middle. Westburg swung at a borderline strike and grounded out weakly. Cowser swung at clear ball and grounded out softly. 

Their offensive process is awful right now and the result are awful too. They’re not getting lucky they’re just not playing good. Couple that with subpar defense recently and a bullpen that can hardly hold a lead and this is what you get. 

I know Santander for his career has fairly even splits against RHP and LHP, but this season he does not. Santander is bashing LHP with a 1.049 OPS and a .562 OPS versus RHP.

It's time for Santander to be sitting more often when it's a RHP on the mound until he breaks out of this slump.

• Upvote 1