Houston Astros        42    41    3.5
Tampa Bay Rays       42    42    4
Toronto Blue Jays     38    45    7.5
Texas Rangers          38    46    8
Detroit Tigers           38    46    8
L.A.A. Angels            36    47    9.5
Oakland Athletics     30    56    17
Chicago White Sox   24    62    23

As the World Series defenders, the Rangers I'm sure will take it right up to the deadline. If they manage to cut their deficit to, say, 4 games, I think they might try to add rather than sell. 

Hoping they tank and let Scherzer pitch for a contender, even if it's not us. 

5 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Are White Sox fans screaming for Jackson Holliday or bust yet? I already saw one thing how the O's scammed the Brewers for Burnes as if they haven't seen what Joey Ortiz is doing.

They definitely think Crochet should be netting them a franchise altering return.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Burnes - Game 1, Grayson - Game 2, ? - Game 3.

That's what a #3 means to me.  A guy we want starting a playoff game.  

Kremer, Suarez, Povich, and Irvin, are fine regular season pitching options, but we don't want them starting playoff games.  I don't know if I'd want Fedde in that situation.  A #3 for me would be one of Scherzer, Kikuchi, and Severino, in that order.  I could be sold on Fedde though.  

I think this is a good way of putting it. Who would you want starting a playoff gamE and how much better is that pitcher over Kremer?

Im still more concerned about addressing the pen.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

I think this is a good way of putting it. Who would you want starting a playoff gamE and how much better is that pitcher over Kremer?

Im still more concerned about addressing the pen.

I agree that the bullpen is still priority #1. Our offense can overcome a somewhat rough start from one of our SP, but do we have the bullpen to secure a slim lead in that scenario? It sure doesn't seem like it. 

12 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Are White Sox fans screaming for Jackson Holliday or bust yet? I already saw one thing how the O's scammed the Brewers for Burnes as if they haven't seen what Joey Ortiz is doing.

Joey Ortiz has a 135 OPS+ and is contending for NL ROY award. White Sox fans look to be casuals who only know big name prospects like Holliday and that they don't realize how deep the Orioles farm system is with position player talent.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Burnes - Game 1, Grayson - Game 2, ? - Game 3.

That's what a #3 means to me.  A guy we want starting a playoff game.  

Kremer, Suarez, Povich, and Irvin, are fine regular season pitching options, but we don't want them starting playoff games.  I don't know if I'd want Fedde in that situation.  A #3 for me would be one of Scherzer, Kikuchi, and Severino, in that order.  I could be sold on Fedde though.  

Exactly. "A guy we want starting a playoff game."

• Upvote 1

Scherzer definitely seems like the best option for the short term. If we came away with Scherzer and Estevez I'd consider that a successful trade deadline. It doesn't help us for 2025+, but we don't necessarily need to solve that puzzle at the deadline.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Those three starts were going against @NYY, @Hou, and Texas. He’s slated to go @Oak with an extra day of rest. 

We have to differentiate between regular season SP and playoff SP. Just like how we have to do with regular season RP and playoff RP. 

Irvin, Povich, Kremer, and Suarez, are fine options to get you through 162. 

Burnes, and Grayson, are our playoff options right now. We need a game 2/3 SP.

The playoff RP core looks to be Kimbrel, Cano, Webb, Coloumbe(if healthy), and Perez.

It would be nice to add two arms to the playoff RPs. 

Yeah it would, we do need 2/3 SP for PO .  Along with two more RPs for PO . 
My comments on Irvin has to do with which SP goes to bullpen when Kremer returns .  I advocated for Suarez to stay in rotation instead . This is regular season move 

22 minutes ago, Allan Bryant said:

Yeah it would, we do need 2/3 SP for PO .  Along with two more RPs for PO . 
My comments on Irvin has to do with which SP goes to bullpen when Kremer returns .  I advocated for Suarez to stay in rotation instead . This is regular season move 

I think we go to a semi 6 man rotation and try and line up our rotation with that Yankees series right before the break.  I think in the 2nd half we'll see a 6 man rotation sometimes with the goal being to keep Burnes and Grayson rested for the playoffs.  Definitely 6 man if we get a vet like Scherzer.  

Edited by sportsfan8703

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I think we go to a semi 6 man rotation and try and line up our rotation with that Yankees series right before the break.  I think in the 2nd half we'll see a 6 man rotation sometimes with the goal being to keep Burnes and Grayson rested for the playoffs.  Definitely 6 man if we get a vet like Scherzer.  

If you use the six man rotation to align our best SPs for Yankees series, it makes sense . But continue to use six man rotation after the deadline ?  I dunno . There could be complaints about bullpen shortages 

2 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

An AL Wild Card update:

W     L   GB
New York Yankees    54    32    7
Minnesota Twins      47    37    1
Kansas City Royals    47    39    -
Boston Red Sox        44    39    1.5
Houston Astros        42    41    3.5
Tampa Bay Rays       42    42    4
Toronto Blue Jays     38    45    7.5
Texas Rangers          38    46    8
Detroit Tigers           38    46    8
L.A.A. Angels            36    47    9.5
Oakland Athletics     30    56    17
Chicago White Sox   24    62    23

Thanks for update Greg 👍🏻

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, interloper said:

As the World Series defenders, the Rangers I'm sure will take it right up to the deadline. If they manage to cut their deficit to, say, 4 games, I think they might try to add rather than sell. 

Hoping they tank and let Scherzer pitch for a contender, even if it's not us. 

It would be nice not to see Rangers in postseason this year