Monday 6/10 at Tampa

Morgan423

Just now, Frobby said:

It’s dropping a routine pop up with a 99.9% chance of being caught.  Exactly the same.  

Impact-wise, I can't agree.  The McKenna drop was directly responsible for a loss (as the game would have been won had the ball been caught).  This drop?  Remains to be seen. 

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Jackson has had 46 ABs so I'm not freaking out about his batting average. Dude hit 28 HR's in the minors, it's not like he has no pop.

That reminds me of when my friend who is a Yankee fan went on a text rant with me last year when Grayson out pitched Cole last year.  He typed “how can’t we hit a pitcher with a 7 ERA” about 50 times.  I told him he wouldn’t have a 7 ERA very long.  

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

but the stakes were far different...McKenna's drop cost us the game..Westburg's didnt...

If we lose it could be argued it did. That still remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

but the stakes were far different...McKenna's drop cost us the game..Westburg's didnt...

That’s beside the point.  Even excellent players make physical mistakes.  It doesn’t mean they “weren’t focused” or have some character flaw.  That’s my point.  The way McKenna got personally attacked for that play, you’d think he’d sat down on the ground and let it drop.   

Edited by Frobby