O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

10 minutes ago, interloper said:

Imagine if he out-pitches Cole though. That would be hilarious. If I'm not mistaken a few of our starters have bested Cole before, but I'm too lazy to do the research lol. 

I'm more concerned about the other two, really.  It's Cole's first start back and even if he dominates, well he's Gerrit Cole.

The Orioles have the lowest OPS vs Cortes of any American League team (555) and that's over ten games.  The Red Sox have also faced Cortes ten times and their OPS is 819.  That's a problem.

6 hours ago, The Goob said:

How can the Yankee$ catachers being rated above the Orioles.  Is it just a function of how many games Adley has been the DH?

How can we have the second best ERA in baseball and be that far behind them in SP rating?  No way.  Their starting pitchers are very good but for all the complaining done around here about our starters, they're pretty damn good and the gap is minimal.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Goob said:

How can the Yankee$ catachers being rated above the Orioles.  Is it just a function of how many games Adley has been the DH?

More like how bad McCann has been. 

I am surprised to see the Yankees have a below average bullpen.