The Yankee Series is Over. Baltimore Plays Houston This Weekend (6/21 - 6/23)

DirtyBird

I'm going to the game on Tuesday, it would be nice to walk by and see that orange flag in front position on the flag court. This is not an easy series, though. The O's need G-Rod and Burnes to go deep and rest the bullpen after a tough series in New York and a tough series coming up against Cleveland.

Yankees face both Sale and Fried this weekend, hope those guys keep up their good years.

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

Reports of Houston's demise are greatly exaggerated. With the extra wildcard they could easily make a run.

I can see why you'd say that.  They still have some talent and their old guard is still effective.

I like that they had to throw Abreu for the third day in a row because we came storming back.  

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can see why you'd say that.  They still have some talent and their old guard is still effective.

I like that they had to throw Abreu for the third day in a row because we came storming back.  

Bregman finally hitting makes their lineup so much better. Once Kyle Tucker comes back their 1-4 is as good as anyone in baseball. 

This was easily the most favorable pitching matchup of the series and it went sideways. Burnes is great but Blanco has been very good for the other guys. O's have hit Framber in the past but Suarez is a total question mark. 

2 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Bregman finally hitting makes their lineup so much better. Once Kyle Tucker comes back their 1-4 is as good as anyone in baseball. 

This was easily the most favorable pitching matchup of the series and it went sideways. Burnes is great but Blanco has been very good for the other guys. O's have hit Framber in the past but Suarez is a total question mark. 

Blanco has been good but we scored 17 runs yesterday, 11 tonight.  We'll see if he can cool us off.

I think the Orioles were (figuratively) hung over from the delirium of taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees.  Their bats woke up in the late innings but sloppy defense put them in a hole that was too big to overcome.  Hopefully that 9 run inning was the slap in the face that they needed and they will be sharper today.  

• Upvote 1