I know nobody wants to hear this but......

vab

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

I mean, if they keep tanking they can sell Burnes at the deadline, he'd command a huge return. I'm sure they won't, but if they decide to punt the season they have pieces to bring legit guys back.

Sarcasm aside, is there anyone in the league with more trade value right now than Gunnar?

Just now, Malike said:

I'm talking about players on MLB rosters as well, not just MiL players.

I can't think of one established veteran I would trade Gunnar for at this moment. It would have to be a package of established talent, but there's zero chance of him moving.

I don't if any baseball writers write a top 50 trade value column anymore, but Gunnar has to be top three given his production and salary level.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'm glad they are facing adversity. This is how great teams are forged. They had it pretty good last year with very little adversity or injury. Gut checks are good for teams and how they respond will be telling. I think they are up for it.

I agree, this year was always likely to have more bumps in the road than last year. 

The sweep streak, generally good injury fortune, outperforming the expected record by 7 games... last year's success came abnormally smoothly. 

• Upvote 1

It's weird, I think some people have been spoiled, in a weird way.  

People on here were making fun of the streak...glad it's over, tired of hearing about it...well, this is the flip side of the coin.  

It's like people here think this team is above any kind of struggle, any kind of adversity...injuries shouldn't happen to us, can't happen to us, won't happen to us.  We've had it really good since Adley's call up and we've been one of the best teams in the game.

5 game losing streak has some people here on tilt.  

• Upvote 3

Not addressing the bullpen other than a stopgap closer in the offseason is kinda coming home to roost now. Doesn't help that Cano and Perez haven't been very good either. The rotation has just been pure bad luck. When your 2/4/5 plus Wells are gone, sooner or later you are going to feel it. Irvin and Suarez have pitched above expectations but you gotta assume they are going to settle into mid-4 ERAs sooner or later.

No idea what the front office is going to do by the deadline. It's a sellers market it seems. I will say I hope major moves are made between now and the start of the 25 season, because it is pee or get off the pot with a lot of these guys on the farm.  And if Burnes isn't back, there is a TON of pitching that needs to be added.